Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hip-Hop Act Ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

Must disagree Ren was easily the most talented, listen to 100miles runin

but best act ever,humbly ,tribe
    yes but ren cudnt hold a track down himself and doesnt have the presence to be anything more than a crew member. ice cube had the talent to go solo and make it big.

ice wasnt lyrical anyway, **** it none of them were/are

the question is ....who the **** is writing dres verses now!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Ice cube wasnt lyrical was he? Have you listened to death certificate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I woudl also like to add Dough E Fresh and Slick rick the ruler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

Has to be NAS, he's a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Gopher: How on earth could you call biggie smalls lyrics good. They were the most childish rhymes I have ever heard.

Lets not forget such gems as "super nintendo sega gensises I never thought life could be like this"

It breaks my heart to see what hip-hop has turned into :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Id say 2pac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

ChRoMe wrote:
    Gopher: How on earth could you call biggie smalls lyrics good. They were the most childish rhymes I have ever heard.

Lets not forget such gems as "super nintendo sega gensises I never thought life could be like this"

"Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis,
    when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this,
    50 Inch Screen, money green leather sofa,
    I got two rides a limosine with a chauffer"

Juicy is a quality song, and those lyrics are hardly childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

ChRoMe wrote:

Turned in to? You end a post complaining about a song from 1994 with that line? :confused:

Jaysus, the excuses some of the Pac heads come up with to justify a hatred of Biggie
    He was fat
    He could barely rap
    He could barely breathe

Sweet jesus, you are another Lamar. Ill bet you too hate Eminem cos hes white.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

You're off your game lad; "Little Gotti got the shotty to ya body, so don't res-ist or ya might miss Chrisst-miss"

"Signin' off its the hardcore rap slinger,
    AKA crack slinger, bring it anytime nigg*r"

If you can't comprehend the fluidity of that then that's a problem you'll have to address yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

For NWA Eazy-E and Dre couldn't rap.They paled in comparison to Ren and Ice Cube.There wasn't much to seperate them in technical rap style and i stil think 'It ain't ruff' was the best track NWA ever made.Yes over **** tha police and real niggaz don't die.

But on solo terms Ice Cube humiliated Ren.Rens lyrics were juvenile even if he was still a strong rapper.Ice Cube released three brilliant albums and was the greatest gangsta rappers.

As for groups the Wu,the Tribe and the roots are the best but overall hip-hop act is Nas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

ChRoMe wrote:

I'm not the biggest B.I.G. fan but you can't deny the guy had skills. He came up with my favourite rap lyric to date :
    Condo paid for, no car payment
    At my arraignment, note for the plantiff
    Your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement (shhh)
    Face it, not guilty, that's how I stay filthy (not guilty)

A classic. As for me, my favourite is probably De La Soul for getting me interested in rap. Maybe P.E., J5 or Wu-Tang, but De La Soul are right up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

NWA defo.

I know he's not a Hip Hop artist but Zach De La Rocha, is the best rapper and lyricist ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I know he's not a Hip Hop artist but Zach De La Rocha, is the best rapper and lyricist ever

You forgot to put in the smiley face to show that you were joking :)

You were joking...right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

NWA defo.

Zacha wasn't really a rapper though unless you count some of the Renegade tracks.More like a punk.RATM were the greatest metal/punk band of the 90's though mainly thanks to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Bigge Smalls or Big L

Advertisement