Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Computer is Dead!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Ok - It may be CPU :confused: or it may not.

-But , you still have three components to check.
    CPU , RAM , Vid card

Reseating the RAm and video card might produce results ? Especially, if you moved the PC lately. (Spring cleaning ;)

CPU reseating is unlikely to ever produce good results, unless you are building for the first time. yours worked perfectly prior to the fault condition. CPUs generally do not shift when pinned to their socket. If it had not been seated correctly all along, you would have had overheating problems, the odd crash etc. Not so is your case .

D.

Try this - remove RAM alone as suggested below - from AMD troubleshoting guide.
    Of course you MUST have a working beeper on the mobo.

Removing the video card alone should cause beeps also by the same logic

Any of those conditions indicate a good CPU :)
    One method that can help identify a mother board problem is by removing all RAM and forcing a RAM failure. When your system goes through POST, it will look for both RAM and a Video Card. Removing one of these components will force a failure and give error beeps. If you do not get beeps, make sure your case speaker is connected or that your board has an onboard speaker. If you still do not hear beeps, then it is possible that your motherboard is bad.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Anchises wrote:
    Try this - remove RAM alone as suggested below - from AMD troubleshoting guide.
    Of course you MUST have a working beeper on the mobo.

Removing the video card alone should cause beeps also by the same logic

Any of those conditions indicate a good CPU :)

D.

The system doesnt get to post. It just hangs when powered on.

Even with the RAM and VIDeo cards removed ?

then video card and ram are not the problem, most likely.
    With them removed the system should beep . - and then hang...

I re-read the thread from start and saw no ref to resetting the CMOS .
    doubtful it would make a difference at this point, unless you did that and forgot to change the jumper back to normal.

Comes a time when you must admit defeat :(
    Back to :-
    get the cpu tested by another person with a good mobo
    If it tests ok , mobo is probably dud. :(
    But get him to also try your RAM and video card - might as well :)

D.

I reset the cmos last night.

I have removed everthing from the board. No beep codes. Just checking to make sure I have the pc speaker correctly plugged in.

• Advertisement

Update:

I have returned the motherboard and cpu to komplett. fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fcomerforduk

Ok hers my input, You said you got a no signal msg on the monitor so this could be a couple of things i dont think it the pcu but what you can try it might sound stupid but you should try it anyway.

1. take out the pcu graphic card if you have on and the mem and the batery
    2. thaen put enerything back in but leave the battery till last.
    3 start the pc.

the reason for this is if the pcu or the mem is loose the pc will not start at all the fan might come on but thats it..... the graphic card because of the no signal msg you got it could be loose as well and the battery in case there is a mem virus on the pc when you remove the battery this will reset the bios and the pc.

The graphics card is fine. I checked it in a friends pc.

I cant do any more trouble shooting as I no longer have the cpu and main board. everything was seated properly, as i reseated everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fcomerforduk

if the mem or pcu is not connected right it would result in the same problem thats the only reason for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

if the mem or pcu is not connected right it would result in the same problem thats the only reason for that
    Inspirational

• Advertisement

Another update:

I have received an email from Komplett saying the motherboard was faulty, so that is being replaced (I think)

So it was the mobo ........... hmmm . Have we learnt anything from the pain and agony :)

Seems odd there would be a doubt about replacement or refund ?
    Maybe they will only credit your credit card ?
    And you have to re-order ?
    Don't know what their replacement policy is .
    A refund might be better - since prices may have come down since you started with this thread. You could select a different board next time ..........

Good luck with the replacement :)

D.

Anchises wrote:
    So it was the mobo ........... hmmm . Have we learnt anything from the pain and agony :)

D.

I haven't learnt a thing, except that my 350 psu was not the problem, which i think I said a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

bp_me wrote:
    No need for the sarcasm, I am simply trying to find out of there is another possibilty before I try to deal with komplett to get an rma for this

Assuming it wasn't a power surge/dodgy PSU that fried the CPU.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I personally would never use a no name psu in my rig and i think many others will agree.
    If i where you i'd get myself a nice shiney new branded high wattage psu :D
    At least that way you know you wont be damaging any components.
    Better safe than sorry

Hopefully my final update on this thread:

I have gotten a replacement motherboard, and everything works again.

Nice to see a happy ending

:)

D.

Yup. If only komplett was always this easy to deal with :rolleyes:

Advertisement