Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's gonna be the Mod on Laptop's.

Options
  • 27-03-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

This is just something i'm wondering but who's gonna be the mod for this forum. While trojan is in the mod box I doubt he has the time to check every forum. Personally i'd nominate DubDVD and galwayman18.

Edit: I'd nominate NUKEM too BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

dubdvd has my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. possibly get a couple of names in here. And place up a poll!

EDIT: Though only people who are actually helpful. Looking at DubDVD's past posts.. he's definantly deserves it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Cmon lads lets no forget Nukem too,id say Nukem and Dubdvd for mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Thanks for support lads :o , but TBH this laptop forum was mainly all down to NUKEM ..he was the one who came up with the idea and pushed it for months and got the admins to go for it ,with the help of all those boards members who visited his forum request thread ...and myself and GALWAYDUDE18 just tried to help things along ...So NUKEM should have prime spot for this job ..but if there looking for a couple of guys i'd be happy to help out ;) and i'd say galway would be happy too..
    but we will have to wait and see how this sub-forum works out and if there will be eoungh interest to keep it alive .........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

dubdvd wrote:
    Thanks for support lads :o , but TBH this laptop forum was mainly all down to NUKEM ..he was the one who came up with the idea and pushed it for months and got the admins to go for it ,with the help of all those boards members who visited his forum request thread ...and myself and GALWAYDUDE18 just tried to help things along ...So NUKEM should have prime spot for this job ..but if there looking for a couple of guys i'd be happy to help out ;) and i'd say galway would be happy too..
    but we will have to wait and see how this sub-forum works out and if there will be eoungh interest to keep it alive .........

Ah crap just had a great reply wrote and I deleted it by accident! Well all that I can say is thanks for your support lads and girls! If it wern't for Nukem putting the proposal forward for this fourm it would never of got off the ground. I and DubDVD just helped emphasise that is was badly needed! I would most defo help mod this fourm as would DubDVD as well but Nukem should be in the hotseat for this as he proposed the idea! I and DubDVD just helped him out in our conquest to get the go ahead and pointed out a lot of differences from a laptop to a desktop pc like form factor etc. All the best in this forum! So far there has been a hive of activity here and I can only say that there will be for a very very long time to come!

Regards,
    Galwaydude18 :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Cheers for the support lads couldnt have done it without ye're support. I suggested it and ye saw fit to support it so thanx. As for the Mod job ............it may be left open for a while,to see how the forum gets on but eventually someone will be appointed.
    Would love to mod such a class Froum but if someone like Dub or Galway got it i would be dead happy too, as they pushed for it as much as myself and are always on hand to give some advice and are sound out.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Thanks Nuken for that! We will have to wait and see what happens and who gets the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Wonder how much longer people will be waiting, this forum really needs a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah... a bit sick of seeing 'Wanted:' and 'For Sale:' threads cluttering up the Laptop forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've already put a notification on the Feedback forum on it but it doesn't seem to be getting many responses so far. It's here by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

was there a poll put up or is it just up to the Admins?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Hello and thanks for the support

Im the new laptop mod and so is Dubdvd so any sugeestions and ideas or something either of us miss please PM us.

Cheers again
    Nukem

Thanks also ...I'll try my best to be fair and try help people out as much as i can and keep things running smoothly...thanks again lads and lass's

dubdvd wrote:
    Thanks also ...I'll try my best to be fair and try help people out as much as i can and keep things running smoothly...thanks again lads and lass's
    and as NUKEM has said dont be shy about passing on the things you enjoy and the things you dont ...its your forum remember so help us make it better for all of us

Advertisement