Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HMV Playlist March 05

Options
  • 24-03-2005 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

It has a few indie-rock gems on it by bands I've never heard of before: Ambulance Ltd, The Explosion, VHS Or Beta, and Hell Is For Heroes. All pretty cool songs.

Anyone get this CD or know these bands? They're pretty impressive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Ambulance Ltd played in Whelans last month in support of The Dears. The former were better than the latter; and are on CD too. Really like what they do.

VHS or Beta - saw these play in support of The Frames in Chicago in, I think, 2002. A rather strange music they create, a type one will tire of quickly, IMHO.

The other two I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I've heard of Hell Is For Heroes before... quite good, but I only ever had the single "Night Visions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Any chance of throwing up the whole listing for the CD? I'm curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

roxy wrote:
    Any chance of throwing up the whole listing for the CD? I'm curious.

No? I'm just curious and can't go near town due to a major college deadline! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Ambulance Ltd are pretty good. well worth listening to. They've only got one album out at the moment (that i know of). Definately in my regular rotation.

There's a few songs available on their site: http://www.ambulancenyc.com/ Give em a listen if you can.

EDIT: Just noticed they have another site: www.ambulanceltd.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

I've heard one of the Hell is for Heroes albums - The Neon Handshake. It's not bad. I like "Retreat" and "Slow Song". They used to play them on Phantom.

They released a new album on the 14th of March. Has anyone heard it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Here's the playlist. The first 10 or so songs are all r'n'b suff...

1)Terri Walker - Feel Love
    2)John Legend - Lets Get Lifted
    3)Tweet - Small Change
    4)Keisha White - Open Like So
    5)Mario feat Cassidy - 18
    6)Jon B feat Tupac - Part 2
    7)Blak Twang - Beef Stop
    8)TI - Tha King
    9)213 - 213 Tha Gangsta Clicc
    10)Kevin Mark Trail - Backbone
    11)Fischerspooner - All We Are
    12)Annie - Always Too Late
    13)VHS or Beta- The Melting Moon
    14)Ambulance Ltd - Stay Tuned
    15)The Explosion - Grace
    16)Hell is for Heroes - They Will Call Us Savages
    17)Simple Plan - Me Against The World
    18)Brendan Benson - I Feel Like Myself
    19)I Am Kloot - Dead Men's Cigarettes

Some really good tracks on there. I'm loving Brendan Benson's new album, although it does get a bit boring towards the end. Annie's song is a pretty good pop track too. All in all a pretty cool cd!

Advertisement