Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discontinued sweets/chocolate/icecream

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

does anyone remember an ice cream that was out like 3 or 4 years ago, it was like a taco shaped wafer with ice cream and stripes of caramel inside with chocolate covering the opening? its wrecking my swede trying to remember the name of it, it was yum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

neGev wrote:
    Does anyone know if they're still making Feast ice-creams?
    They're still making them, but Mint Feasts diappeared long ago
    does anyone remember an ice cream that was out like 3 or 4 years ago, it was like a taco shaped wafer with ice cream and stripes of caramel inside with chocolate covering the opening? its wrecking my swede trying to remember the name of it, it was yum.
    you're thinking of Winner Tacos! My god they were good
    Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    You can still get these in the Student Union shops in DIT and some of the older northside convenience shops, like the hilariously named 'Convenient' shop near Phibsboro.
    That's probably because they've been there for at least five years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

Does anyone remember Pink Panther bars? they were made from pink white chocolate and I last remember having one circa 1978. I just remembered them last night and think they are probably the reason I like Lir strawberry white chocolate truffles so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

babaduck wrote:
    Two & Two (this was a super magic choc bar)

OH MY GOD - someone else that remembers Two & Two's they were my all time fav bar as a kid.

I wish they would bring them back. I nearly had a nervous breakdown when they were withdrawn.

Wasn't there a pyramid chocolate thing...? It might have been by Terrys. I think it came in mint and mint orange flavours but never proved as popular as their Chocolate Oranges.

It was called the Terry's Pyramint...bloody nice too...like a huge After Eight. But in a pyramid shape... obviously.

Terrys did two other nice bars.

One which had 5 hexagonal squares in a strip...they had a hazelnut and carmel inside.

They also had another 5 sectioned bar that was meant to resemble mountain peaks. It had white choc on the peak to resemble snow and a truffley fondant centre.

I liked them i did. They weren't Terry's there were mine....all mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Wasn't there a pyramid chocolate thing...? It might have been by Terrys. I think it came in mint and mint orange flavours but never proved as popular as their Chocolate Oranges.

ooh, I thought you were talking about that one with the walnut on the top and the white snowball type stuff inside it... that was tasty too...

ooh, I thought you were talking about that one with the walnut on the top and the white snowball type stuff inside it... that was tasty too...

That's a walnut whip. Very yummy and very available.

20303-18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

sparkles. oh i want one!
    macaroon bars you can still get and i do! :D
    flying saucers in some shops...
    edible paper- eat it in the middle of class and the teachers give you the strangest looks!
    wispas were very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Two n two was my favourite bar. Does anyone remember what the flavour was? Also the bar of chocolate that was like a box of chocolates in a bar if you know what i mean chocolates joined together with chocolate. Five centres or something like that.? Ring a bell anyone?

gonker wrote:
    Two n two was my favourite bar. Does anyone remember what the flavour was? Also the bar of chocolate that was like a box of chocolates in a bar if you know what i mean chocolates joined together with chocolate. Five centres or something like that.? Ring a bell anyone?

I think you are thinking about the Quatro bar. It had mint, pineapple, strawberry, orange in a 2 x 4 square bar.

As for two & two i think it was a white and brown fondant centre. Used to be a sweet like it in Double Centres until last year.

• Advertisement

no definitely it was like a layer of chocolates the shapes and all bonded together with chocolate i think now it was called a milk tray bar. The two and two flavour is still annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Wispas. I'd take a bullet to have them brought back.

Bubblys just don't cut it at all.

I agree, why oh why did they get rid of them?

When I was little I loved fizzy lizzys, yum. And there was some stuff that you'd put in your mouth and it would sort of explode, I forget the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A lot of memories in this thread!!! I remember when a Starbar was called Nunch, it came in a blue wrapper.

Also what did HB do to the Loop the Loop ice cream. My absolute favourity and they changed the taste and texture of the yellow bit. Absolutely yuck now...

And there was some stuff that you'd put in your mouth and it would sort of explode, I forget the name.

poprocks

smarties are doing a bar with it in the middle of it....its nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

gonker wrote:
    poprocks

Yes! Thanks a mill gonker, I LOVED that stuff! Must look out for the smarties bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emorgan

Anyone remember those Vice Versa sweets?? One was brown on the outside - but had white choc and the other had a white shell with milk chocolate. the stuff of genius!

Or Secret bars. they had a strange cardbord holding the bar, despite having a wrapper!? It had a velvety cream inside .....im foaming at the mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i loved vice versas. They were yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Caffery's toffee Time bar.

Hard cream toffee covered in chocolate with a yellow wrapper with black print.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

emorgan wrote:
    Anyone remember those Vice Versa sweets?? One was brown on the outside - but had white choc and the other had a white shell with milk chocolate. the stuff of genius!

Or Secret bars. they had a strange cardbord holding the bar, despite having a wrapper!? It had a velvety cream inside .....im foaming at the mouth!
    Oh....My......God.... Vise Versas!!!!That is a serious blast from the past, thanks for that one, they were out of control good!!

gonker wrote:
    poprocks

Was it not called MoonDust?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

heres some info on the bars etc, look for non symbol shops, the old shops that cater for children and they will have everything under the sun like rainblo drops,

Woppa bars - gone several years, bruiser really took this one
    Premier League bars - gone several years ago
    Wispas - now bubbly
    Macaroon bars! - still available
    Roy of the Rovers bars - still available
    Fizzle sticks - never to be seen again, always asked for them
    eating paper - still available
    Melody pops - gone
    Hiawathas - gone
    Red bootlaces - still around but in different types, malaco was the best
    Peggys Leg - ?
    Supercans -these 500ml cans of coke etc? if so they were replaced by the bottles
    Flying Saucers - still available
    Alien Spacers - still available now called meanies
    Captain Crisps - ?
    Chocolate Limes - gone
    Texas Bars - gine
    Spangles - gone
    Sweet Cigarettes - still about called candy sticks now
    Double Agent sweets - gone
    Blue Riband - still available
    Space Dust - gone
    wham bars - still around
    coconut mushrooms - not really appear every so often
    flippers (white dusty dolphin things) - still about
    top ten - gone havnt seen them in years
    Poppets! - 4 flavours still about
    walnut whip - still about made by nestle
    poprocks - gone

anything else, i have a list of loads more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Wibble wobbely Wooders ... now they where taste .. the sort of jelly in them .. nom noms.

How i miss them :(

Wham bars are still around, had one at lunch =).

Dib Daps , can't find them anymore ... or the big (18 penc at the time) Mr Freeze ... pick a target , i'll whackelate it, you pay in Mr Freeze :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

mick_irl wrote:
    OH MY GOD - someone else that remembers Two & Two's they were my all time fav bar as a kid. I wish they would bring them back. I nearly had a nervous breakdown when they were withdrawn.

This is the first time I have ever met anyone else who remembers these. None of my friends can remember them. They were nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Does anyone remember the name of a bar made by Nestle, i think, which was a soft, fondant-like centre, wrapped with delicate chocolate string? It somewhat resembled a bird's nest, in bar form, and was 90% air, but was really nice. It came wrapped in a little cardboard insert as it would have broken apart without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

postman pat crisps!!
    and even though theyre still avail....ghostiesn banshees the old ones were soo much better than the new ones!!

impr0v wrote:
    Does anyone remember the name of a bar made by Nestle, i think, which was a soft, fondant-like centre, wrapped with delicate chocolate string? It somewhat resembled a bird's nest, in bar form, and was 90% air, but was really nice. It came wrapped in a little cardboard insert as it would have broken apart without it.

it's called Secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I had a Melody pop yesterday...
    They have them in a petrol station in Grange, Sligo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've been trying to get my hands on some red liquorice for years, to no avail. Not the stuff that looks like red liquorice and tastes of strawberry, but red liquorice! Used to come in the retail boxes of assorted liquorice by Bassetts, I used to get a box from Musgraves in Cork every now and then.

BTW, Wibbly Wobbly Wonders are still available in a couple of shops down here in Cork occasionally, notably the Esso garage in Dunmahon. They're still just as yum.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Cathy wrote:
    Remember Top Ten bars?

top-ten.jpg

What was the other bars similar to them, made by the same company i think. Was in a purple rapper, had sort of caramel and nougat in it.
    Also Crunchos and french fries.Heard you can still get frecnh fries somewhere but not everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

anyone remember domino's icecream? like an iceberger but not chocolate biccie more just normal biccie and stawberry and vanilla icecream in it...

or boomys? fruity shapes (lemon, orange, strawberry) on a schtick.

or cool bits?

milk teeth (with the powder)

tangy bars

lanky larrys

oooh, crunchoo's (i think) those hot dog flavoured crisps that were 12p when everything else was 10p. made by the same ppl who make french fries.

oh wow i really wish i was 5 again............ :(

Advertisement