Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The killers........pants?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's sounds like someone got a poppy rock album, and remixed it with dance music. I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Zulu wrote:
    McFly are c*nts.

Oh no! It's a flame war!

No, wait... It's a conflict!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not a huge killers fan. Kinda overplayed/rated. Very catchy, but don't really have anything that grabs my attention.

Looks like that's all been said before, didn't really add much to the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I try not to over analyse it too much. But the killers are very listenable (if thats a word), i guess it is the catchy songs but theyre a different sort of catchy to the westlife sort of catchy.

They remind me a bit of the strokes actually. Both new york bands too. But i did get very bored of the strokes (first) album after a while. I hope the Killers can follow up Hot Fuss with another good album

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

ColHol wrote:
    They remind me a bit of the strokes actually. Both new york bands too.

just to be be pendantic..the killers are from las vegas. :d

i kind of agree that they're similar in ways (not really in sound) but i think the strokes had/have more substance than the killers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

oops :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

I like the album, but nowhere as much as I did for the first two or three weeks of listening to it. It suddenly lost all impact. Well, except Believe Me Natellie, that song is great.

And yes, the lyrics are terribly corny and clichéd, but it doesn't matter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

the singles from the album are pretty good, but the rest of the album is fairly disapointing crap.
    Anyway, who knows what the next album will sound like? i don't think anyone can predict how a band develops. imagine this discussion about the first radiohead album!

aaaanyway, Mr Brightside is a great song no matter how you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Luv em -Great band...personally love the smiths influence in their music ...anyone else hear the similarity between the bass in Jenny and the smiths Barbarism begins at home? Mr brightsides a classic as well ..very 'this charming man 'guitar wise .maybe in danger of being overplayed but so what ..I hate people who are fans of a band when they're unknowns and then turn their back on em when they become 'famous' ...whats that all about ...Musical Nazism as someone else said. Maybe I'll put that on a thread and someone can explain it to me??? And someone said they were ugly? huh?>The singer has more charisma than most of the other so caled stars of the india scene at the moment ...saw the gig in olympia ..the chicks were wetting themselves for this guy I'm telling ya

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

hot fuss makes me want to put on my dancing shoes...i hate cheese and i never dance. it's important not to over-scrutinise, just enjoy it if you like it, i think it's just one of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Magical Pete

One thing i've noticed about the Killers is they're a love/hate band. People either can't get enough of them or would rather see them dead. Given that according to iTunes, the album features in it's entirety in my 30 most played songs, i'd have to put myself into the former group.

I love All These Things and Jenny Was a Friend. Believe Me Natalie annoys me, but i have a feeling i'll like it in the future (you know the way). The rest of the songs just get listened to because they happen to be on the album. Very listenable to, but not quite 5 star worthy.

Sleepy is right about judging a band on their first album. Anyone can make a great/popular first album, not many can match it with a better second attempt. My one criticism of the band is that the second album probably won't be better. They're not that kind of band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

djpk wrote:
    i don't understand the hype of "the killers". I liked hot fuss for around 2 weeks then got very bored of it. the album disintegrates very quickly. i was annyoed to see the album at number 1 for ages. Worse i felt that, people who bought the album thought they were real indie buffs claiming they found them!!! :mad: :mad: .

just thought i throw that out there.........

Has anybody noticed when 'Somebody Told Me' starts into the chorus, it sounds almost exactly like the theme from 'Fame!'? "Well somebody told me, that you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend, that I had in February of last year-"FAME! I'm gonna live for-e-ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Just listened to 'Getting Better' by Shed 7, and Dr J is bang on the money on the Rick Whitter similarity. Eery almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Hot Fuss is a track skipper. Whenever I listen to the album it goes something like this:

Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
    Mr. Brightside (skip 30 secs before the end)
    ...skip...
    Somebody Told Me
    All These Things That I've Done (skip 30 secs before the end)
    ...skip...
    ...skip 50% of the time...
    Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll.mp3
    ...skip...
    Midnight Show
    ...skip 50% of the time (depending on whether I am in a Radiohead type mood)...

Gets boring very fast and won't set the world alight but still listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 *FuzzyApple*

I think there another catchy band, that are good at what they do. They just dont do anything new. A few weeks ago snowpatrol were gettin played to death on the radio...now its the killers... a few months it'll be someone else.
    Their music is very accesible to a lot of people and thats why people can just stick it on and not have to think about what their listening to. I like the whole 80's sample buzz tho. Its just more pop music I suppose.

"If I had a girlfriend that looked like your boyfriend that wasnt your girlfriend so who is my boyfriend".... something like that hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I quite like them, but yes they are overplayed. I was into before I heard them on the OC, actually I first heard them on the lifestyle sports ad (I know not the best place) but then I took a look at their album.

Advertisement