Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tides

Options
  • 17-03-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Where can one get up-to-date tide tables for Ireland, in particular for Clew Bay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is this what you are looking for
    http://www.ireland.com/weather/tides.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Yes, that's got the tides for Westport. Thank you! That should be put in the weather resources sticky.

Is there an annual printed almanac that has this information? (Well... Ireland.com gets it from somehere.)

it doesnt have westport but you could try this

http://www.pol.ac.uk/ntslf/tides/

high tide corresponds with the time of the moon's highest point in the sky, so so if you can find out when this occours you should be able to predict the high tides.

I don't want to predict them, though... Better people than I do that. There must be an alamac for Ireland.com to get them. Hm.

to be honest I have no idea, met eireann would be the ones to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Do Met Eireann not publish them online???

Shame on them! Somebody should email them!!!

I plan to write to them. Why haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

Although completely off-topic regarding this conversation, Evelyn Cusack on a weather forecast yesterday mentioned how the Easter Sunday is calculated:
    Easter Sunday is on the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon following the Spring Equinox which explains why it is so early this year!

Advertisement