Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creationism...again (was Christianity Thread)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Just noticed this thread took off in a whole other direction... sorry. If you wanted a justification for closing off the previous evolution thread, the last 3 pages are it. I admire the patience of everyone trying to force JC (and Danno) to see reason. But, you know, horse to water and all that. It's not sinking in.

Anyone fancy kicking off a thread where the discussion progresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭KCF

J C wrote:
    My answers are:
    1. YES I do have the qualifications claimed - I think that quality of my postings should have given you a "hint" that I do. As for forgetting what I LEARNED - I don't think so!!!
    Well on the basis of the 'hints' from the quality of your posts, I'd have to guess that your qualification is a gold (or possibly silver) star in junior infants for using capital letters. Am I close?
    J C wrote:
    Whatever about the grammatical details - "to pillory" is a nasty and completely unacceptable form of behaviour - which is neither progressive nor objectively tolerant of different points of view!!!! I presume that everybody on this thread shares my views on this basic point. Wow, this means that there IS something at last that we all can agree on!!!
    Sigh. When used in reference to a scientific paper, I think that it's safe to assume that it is meant in its metaphorical sense. That is, I was saying that the one peer-reviewed ID article that I know of was widely received by scientists as being based on very, very poor scientific principles altogether. I was not claiming that the paper was put in stocks in the town square and pelted with tomatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Turley

davros wrote:
    Just noticed this thread took off in a whole other direction... sorry. If you wanted a justification for closing off the previous evolution thread, the last 3 pages are it. I admire the patience of everyone trying to force JC (and Danno) to see reason. But, you know, horse to water and all that. It's not sinking in.

Anyone fancy kicking off a thread where the discussion progresses?
    How long can people continue to dialog before holding an opposing view is problematic? Must the minority view submit to "see reason" of the majority view that "everyone [is] trying to force"?

Is the purpose discussion that everyone agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Turley wrote:
    How long can people continue to dialog before holding an opposing view is problematic? Must the minority view submit to "see reason" of the majority view that "everyone [is] trying to force"?

Is the purpose discussion that everyone agree?
    I don't care what people's views are. I care that I'm seeing the same point repeated over and over. It bothers me that it can be thoroughly demolished any number of times and still pop up again through sheer wilful ignorance. I regard it as a waste of my time to have to read an endless debate that is going absolutely nowhere because one side is completely deaf to the other.

So, this discussion is closed again. And if anyone tries to reopen it on another thread I'll regard that as an attempt to troll and ban them.

And don't complain that I'm shutting down free speech. If you can't make your point within 300 posts, tough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement