Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the misfits

Options
  • 14-03-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

hey, does anyone know were I can download any of the misfits stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

nope. dont think theres any downloads anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

download? stuff?

and that sig jesus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

if you like em just buy the albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

bombidol wrote:
    if you like em just buy the albums.

I would but I'm broke

• Advertisement

then you are ballsed unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

You can get a few songs here:
    http://www.misfits.com/main.html

(The amount of merchanise they have is unbelievable.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I would but I'm broke

Then save

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Even if there were places you can download the misfits stuff,
    No one can tell you because it a banable offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

get soulseek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

yeah you can download that at riaa.com too. bb now.

I can't understand this "I'm too poor to buy a cd but I can afford a computer and a broadband connection" mentality. Bands like the Misfits depend a lot more on album sales and touring than bigger acts do. If you really like a band then work and buy the cd's. Support them. It's not like Misfits cd's are €50 because the sleeve is made of vellum, they actually tend to be quite affordable because the Misfits care about their fans and most fans care enough to buy the cd's.

I don't know about the current Misfits. Jerry Only and Co. seem to be just using the Misfits name to make money. You can buy a Misfits leather jacket on misfits.com for $175. :eek: Not to mention the t-shirts, hoodies, jewellery, stickers, magnets, cups, keychains,.......

Well I was really talking in general, just using Misfits as an example because that's who this thread is about. But my point still stands, if you like the music enough to put the band in your signature you should be prepared to buy their cd's. I don't have a problem with trying before you buy by getting one or two tracks but anymore and you're just being a bold boy.

Oh I agree. Support the bands you like.

the misfits are rich enough.
    download the songs from soulseek and if you like them enough, you'll buy the records.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Rip off Jerry all you want as its all sh!t! Rip off Danzig and I will hunt you down and kill you!

yeah well I managed to get 20 quid so I shall be buying a CD whenever I get into town

Get collection1 or Eath AD or collection2 or Static Age or Walk Among Us

In fact just get the box set and Walk Among Us, as that isn't part of it!

Damn Record Company!

In conclusion Misfits are wonderful and should be loved by all

ps do not buy: Famous Monsters, Cuts From The Crypt, American Psycho or Project 1950s

• Advertisement

Get collection1 or Eath AD or collection2 or Static Age or Walk Among Us

In fact just get the box set and Walk Among Us, as that isn't part of it!

Damn Record Company!

In conclusion Misfits are wonderful and should be loved by all

ps do not buy: Famous Monsters, Cuts From The Crypt, American Psycho or Project 1950s

will do, cheers

Dont mind him. DO buy Famous Monsters and American Psycho. Both great albums in their own rights. Cuts from the crypt is a Demos CD and Project 1950 is more of a personal Prject for Jerry Only.

tbh they are ****e albums! really! they are only listenable if you refuse to believe in the existance of Danzig era Fits! Also Get Samhain's Initium as it is amazing!

Im not getting into this lol. Both of those album are good if not very good. Its only punk rock Elitism that stops them being good to you. I LOVE Danzig Era Misfits. And I agree that that line up is the "real" lineup. But! Danzig is a prick and when he left the band, did you expect them all just to lay down the Instruments??? just cause he left??? **** that, i wouldnt do it in any band im in.
    Cant Stand Samhain myself too Wanky. And i can only Stomach Danzigs band for so long. one or two tracks at a time.
    You seem to have a thing against Jerry Only?? Then why is he in your sig?
    Jerry only Is the spirit of the misfits, hes trying to carry on the name of the band for future generations, people who are just getting into the bandnow will have the chance to see one of the original line up members with some other guys play the songs!
    Which is more then can be said for a lot of old school punk bands.

I like American Psycho and Famous Monsters. American Psycho was actually the first Misfits album I listened to and I thought it was brilliant. It made me want to listen to their other stuff. Now I prefer old Misfits and I hate the whole 'conservative punk' thing that Michale Graves was/is involved with but American Psycho is still a good album.

I myself started with the new Misfits and liked it but when i progressed backwards i found the new stuff horrible. I may give it a listen again since you too still like it but I'd stay i still am not a fan.

@bombidol i have something against anyone who carries on a band that is just them but no one else. I am well aware that that applies to Glenn but i still enjoy his music and think he is a brilliant song writer and you have to admit that if you look at Jerry's lyrics they are in no way as good.

In conclusion by Fits!

ps in all I've complained about Jerry i would prob see him if he came which i know is ridiculously contradictory

pps bombidol I like the baby in the Misfits thingy on make your stand!

I'm listening to Walk Among Us right now. You can't beat "I turned into a Martian", "Hatebreeders", "Mommy can I go out and kill tonight", all of it really :D
    pps bombidol I like the baby in the Misfits thingy on make your stand!
    heh I hadn't noticed that before. I have the same t-shirt :p

I don't have that tshirt have 3 other ones though

I have a stupid amount of misfits ****. from fricken Showlaces to a wallet and everything inbetween. I kinda like Jerrys Lyrics they arent as dark as glenns definatly, they are big time more 50's B-Movie but it works. Jerry was a co Writer with Glenn on the early stuff too though. Especially with the music end of things, you can hear the similarities on some new tracks.
    Me personally, id rather go and see a misfits show with Just Jerry than have no misfits show at all. And with the current line up, anyone thats into Punk has to love it. Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena?? They aint just playing Fits tunes either, its Black Flag, Ramones and Misfits Tracks. They just travel under the name The Misfits as Jerry owns the rights to it.

The baby is Peter Slanksters kid, he was the engineer/Producer on that EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I saw Misfits ("new" version - with Marky and Dez) when they played here what was it, 2 years ago, 3? Absolutely incredible. Added to that a few Ramones and Black Flag (/me drools) renditions, what bad things can be said...? It may not have been the "real" lineup etc, but tbh they played all the songs at like 4 times normal speed and its was so frantic (or at least I was) it was impossible to notice/care about really :D

Advertisement