Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family guy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

i love this! have the 3 seasons on dvd, have spent a weekend watching it back-to-back before!

"it seems today that all you see
    is violence in movies and sex on tv"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Family Guy is brilliant, nough said.
    I also spent a few weekends watching their entire series at my freinds house, must go out and buy them some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Family guy is excellent, but overall I prefer the Simpsons (later eps excluded).

Some things about Family Guy bother me, too much empty referencing, making pop-culture references purely for the sake of it. So Peter and Paddy Tanager the Caddy Manager start reciting a Calvin Klein ad for no reason... eh, that's not funny. At all. Stewie does the 'Rocket Man' video... amusing for ten seconds. A full minute is self-indulgence, and really, really boring. I like the way they drag jokes out but they over-drag them, too. And that cuts into repeat viewability like nobody's business.

But overall it's excellent, and I'm looking forward to season 4. A nice mixture of the stupid and the smart kinds of humour. Stupid = Peter falling over and hurting his knee running home in 'Wasted Talent'. Smart = Stewie having Chris announce 'Eviscerate the proletariat!' in, crap, can't remember the episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

I love family guy !!! Its simply the best cartoon of all time ... hilarious :D:):p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

This just in!

Season 4 Episode 1 - "North by north Quahog" has been leaked onto something called the inn-tur-nett. Sources claim that I have just watched it and that it was worth waiting for. Allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

milltown wrote:
    This just in!

Season 4 Episode 1 - "North by north Quahog" has been leaked onto something called the inn-tur-nett. Sources claim that I have just watched it and that it was worth waiting for. Allegedly.
    It was brillant! It has lost none of it's spark! Practically every scene in it worked... and was hilarious from parodies of
    The Passion Of The Christ
    to
    The Blues Brothers
    and a couple of slightly disturbing scenes including
    Chris being spanked by Stewie
    and
    the Pinocchio scene
    . MacFarlane is a genius! I say give up 'American Dad' and concentrate on more Family Guy.

Well worth the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Seemed a little forced to me, stuff just wasn't catching me off guard like it used to be before. The
    GI Joe bit did catch me off guard a little alright

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rasherboy

kjt wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Fguy, such a funny show.
    How can anybody not like it?

It pwns The Simpsons, Imo They should give the simpsons a yr or two rest and have a come back with some nice stuff instead of this new boring stuff.

i say ditch the simpsons and bring back futurama! it was great!! but stil family guy beats them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

New episode (4x02) on US TV tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

rasherboy wrote:
    i say ditch the simpsons and bring back futurama! it was great!! but stil family guy beats them all!
    Yea I love Futurama it was replaced by Oliver BeIny(WTF!!) Theres room for all of them, anyway I couldn't pick any one over the other between Futurama, Family Guy, The Simpsons or South Park.

Anyone remember King of the Hill? That was the biggest load of crap ever, saw a bit of it the other day on RTE WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

what did ye all think of last nights family guy?

better than the first i thought.

get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Thanks alot Shev :)

lol half way through it... LOL at stewie and his 'blood vessel'.
    actually burst out laughing.

Their sort of going over the top with Peter.. when he hurts himself of something like that where he goes on for about 2mins Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch......

But still a great show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

lol half way through it... LOL at stewie and his 'blood vessel'.
    actually burst out laughing.

For me it was more like staring at the screen for about 5 minutes in horror and disgust perfectly imagining the experience, then laughing uncomfortably :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Advertisement