Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards New Look. Give us your advice...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Very nice i think but one thing could make it so much better
    On the uktfcl boards the topics that have new posts have a different colour folder next to them could ye do something like that?
    It helps alot
    Well i think it does

DUSK IS UNVEILED AND THE TRINITY, COMPLETE. LIKE A CERBEROS WHOSE COMING RUPTURES THE HYMEN OF NIGHT IT RISES, BEGRIMED & BLACK FREED TO HUNT TENDER PREY AND, WHEN THE WAITING LIGHT HAS FLED IN HORROR BEFORE US AND OUR DESIRE IS UPON THEE, WELCOME SLAVERY WELL. secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats a bug we've been struggling with for a long time. If you go through the www.boards.ie/bulletin page you'll see them, but we cant recreate it from a link from the front page.

Anyone shed some light on why?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

More than likely some flag or variable is staying set and not been reset and updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

possibly something to do with the length of the ASP session timeout?

Bard

home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Suggestion:

Why don't you do something like having links to the five most replied to threads on the front page? Or the five newest threads maybe?

They have this sort of thing on http://www.devshed.com

Shouldn't be too difficult. I'll see if I can take a look at one of the free infopop boards and hack something together if you want.

The problem with the cookies is maybe that the path for the cookie is set for the boards directories only, not sure about this, but it seems like the most likely solution.

Karla

• Advertisement
Advertisement