Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A newbie needs help

Options
  • 08-03-2005 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

hey

Ok, I was just wondering where I could get a good skateboard, i doesn't matter much about the price. A good one to learn on aswell. Thanks :)

Susan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Thanks for the info and the links, I'm sure I'll get loads of help in G1

Susan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

if you dont know g1 it can be hard to find. its upstairs above a pharmacy (i think its a pharmacy?) on the easons side of o' connell st. near the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mikekeane

Hi, this is the first time ive been on this site!SO Hello! i ride for the firm and own an irish brand of skateboard also, but i do agree with what u people are saying, it is a perfect start to buy a semi pro board to begin with. If you like skating then upgrade. Perhaps start with a ruckos, theyre cheap, then step it up a peg! GET A PRO BOARD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

No point buying anything decent if ya don't know if you like it yet.
    Do any of your friends skate? Most people would have old trucks/wheels maybe even a battered deck lying around.
    If your just learning to cruise around/kickturn then even a *shock horror* argos board or anything would do IMO.

susan is a girls name!!

MrScruff wrote:
    No point buying anything decent if ya don't know if you like it yet.
    Do any of your friends skate? Most people would have old trucks/wheels maybe even a battered deck lying around.
    If your just learning to cruise around/kickturn then even a *shock horror* argos board or anything would do IMO.

susan is a girls name!!
    No friends skate, hardly anyone skates around my area *is sad*

And no argos boards, one of those nearly killed my brother, idiot broke his arm on one.

And susan is a girl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

edited for abuse, please be more sensible about your postings FX.

FX Meister wrote:
    Stay away from Skate City, the guy who runs it is a didck and you being a beginner will try and take advantage
    I'm no where near Skate City, more to RampNRail , but thanks for the that, shall keep away from the didkhead owner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

ramp and rail have a shop don't they? The guys who run it used to have their own decks, boarderco. A mate of mine designed the graphics for a couple of them

• Advertisement

in castleknock, near to blanchestown. I haven't seen any skaters around.

Only 45?! Wow, I don't even need to save up haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

45 yoyo's for just the wooden deck, you need to sort out wheels, trucks and bairings then, tis an expensive affair all an all :(
    But well worth it!!
    If you live near RampN'Rail then your lucky, no parks down here in Cork, but you can skate anywhere :)

MrScruff wrote:
    45 yoyo's for just the wooden deck, you need to sort out wheels, trucks and bairings then, tis an expensive affair all an all :(
    But well worth it!!
    If you live near RampN'Rail then your lucky, no parks down here in Cork, but you can skate anywhere :)
    Do you know what all that would add up to?

I got some wheels at G1, and got them for 25, they were 30, but the guy was really nice :D . I'm going to use my brothers old argos board and hopefully not kill myself for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MrScruff wrote:
    Nice video :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Hey if you live in dublin check out Urban on drury street i saw some decks there for 25-35 euro not to expensive ;) And they have great skate shoes to goin tomorow to get a pair myself. Anybody no is it better to make your own board or buy a complete one im a beginner and havnt a clue and anyone gont any tips on how to ollie i cant get both wheels off the ground.

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply i will post the make of the decks in urban once i find out i just cant remember.

Thanks will check out those links. The decks are 40 euro the make is ufo. They have some others there(urban) also for 60 they were like blind and zero and the more well known ones and yeah your tips on ollieing did help its just im afraid of falling. :(

Thanks but i need a good board the one i have now is like 4 inches thick or somethings its a hood and im skint i have like 50 euro at thee moment and am not a good saver so should i just buy an argos board or anybody here have a second hand one? I cant get both wheels off the ground thats my only prob most people jump like 1 foot or at least like 5-8 inches i jump like 1 centimeter!

i started messing around on my argos board the other week, and our road is very bumpy. i was only trying to get the feel of the board, but I still nearly fell off a few times. haha. i'm getting back on the board this weekend and going to find flatter ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

iI GOT D HEELFLIP YAY o did i say dat out loud lol. if u look at www.wazps.com or www.skateboard-city.com dey hav a few trick tips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GoofySkater

learn kicflips, they're much better....

Advertisement