Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my god!! HOW FUNNY IS THAT LEMSIP MAX STRENGTH AD!!

Options
  • 03-03-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

HAHAHA IAN didn't expect you back for ages heard you were dying of the flu

ACTUALLY PAL

LMAO :D

Who should win this argument? Ian or the other guy? 17 votes

Ian to win?
    0%
    Other bloke to win?
    100%
    SantaHoeStarkChad ghostalDapperGentfull forwardpassivePigman IIpenguinblokeAurther HughBrockThe FitzCathyd@rk l0rdZombienosh*adele*Ruffty^Lynibeth 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lynibeth wrote:
    HAHAHA IAN didn't expect you back for ages heard you were dying of the flu

ACTUALLY PAL

LMAO :D

It's so stupid it's funny because it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

"Lemsip Max Strength: it seperates the men from the boys."

Well, clearly. If you think about it, for this to make it into the ad, at least one person had to think it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

is the irish ad dubbed over, i love the tapping of the box

...merger going down teh pan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Other bloke to win?
    hahaha oh gawwwwd! Did ye ever notice that he kinda shoves him off the chair? and that the guy who says Ian doesn't look up while sayin it.. and that he said he didn't expect him back for ages.. cos he was dyin of the flu.. so how the flip did he know it was IAN!!! HOWWWW I TELLLLLS YA.. ahem.. It's so philosophical! Metaphor for life if you ask me lol

:rolleyes: :D:p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I take it you've just discovered the internet or something?

• Advertisement

Other bloke to win?
    um no! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Ian is a cock tbh. I hope someone robs his lemsip so he dies the next time he gets the flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Other bloke to win?
    Bet the underling was thinking to himself "Damn! My plan to debilitate Ian by smearing his coffee cup with the flu virus has failed! Better just go directly to plan B and inject him with Ebola. Lets see lemsip deal with that one."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

' Ian!!! Only yesterday you were leaking from every orifice in your body '

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

That Ad makes me mad - if you are ill then stay at home and dont come into work giving your germs to everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Other bloke to win?
    It says it seperates "men from boys". What kind of "man" is going to take lemsip for a sniffle anyway :confused: ,they called it "max strength" to give it some cred but it is a contradition in terms. Ian should model for those "just for men adds" with a big grey head like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Other bloke to win?
    Actually Pal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Other bloke to win?
    Best thing about that ad...hands down...has to be Ian's hair. Yeh just don't see those kind of partings these days...love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Rofl. Funniest thread in ages!

PAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Lemsip? Pah!

Ian and his mate should be taken from the office to a secret underground location. Locked into a tiny cell, stripped Naked, in Pitch Black, each given a rusty slash hook and told only one of them is getting out when they can present the others Liver.

THAT would sort the Men from the boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

"Lemsip Max Strength: it seperates the men from the boys."

apparently michael jackson's defense team are suggesting putting him on a lifelong dosage of it as part of a plea bargain

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

stagolee wrote:
    apparently michael jackson's defense team are suggesting putting him on a lifelong dosage of it as part of a plea bargain
    ++rep - Excellent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Other bloke to win?
    ixoy wrote:
    ++rep - Excellent :D
    I concur :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Of course the most ludicrous part of the ad is them advocating the use of Lemsip at all - you might as well take Smarties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Actually PAL, that ad is a crock of shyte. But this thread on the other hand is bloody brilliant. Just what I needed to wake me up on a lazy Friday evening.

stagolee - LMAO post of the year, priceless.
    DaBreno - a close second :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Other bloke to win?
    everytime I hear that ad I imagine the weedy guy squatting on the table leaving a little present for Ian.

"IAN, eh I didn't expect you back for ages!"

Strangely nobody else I know has had the same idea

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Other bloke to win?
    everytime I hear that ad I imagine the weedy guy squatting on the table leaving a little present for Ian.

lol :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Other bloke to win?

Ian (deadpan) : "More to the point, what are you doing smearing faeces all over my memos?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Pigman II wrote:
    Ian :"More to the point, what are you doing smearing faeces all over my memos?"
    Roffle Waffles!!!!

Brilliant...

It's like Jesus LOL... only better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Other bloke to win?
    Best thing about that ad...hands down...has to be Ian's hair. Yeh just don't see those kind of partings these days...love it.
    oh my god, it looks better when he's ill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Other bloke to win?
    Looks like ian's hair's gone down the pan pal!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

This is the funniest thread ever! It made me cry with laughter.

Think there should be more casual swearing in it though...just like real life!

eg "Ian! WTF are you doing back?"

Other bloke to win?
    Ok I officially know the ad off by heart. Me and my sister sat for 40 minutes today laughin at Ian's face and of course, his hair!! And the part where he shoves him .. classic! Or what about that other bloke messin with his tie! PAH HAHA

Ian is a legend!

Ian for president

ACTUALLY PAL :mad: But you're ill how come?
    COS HE FECKIN SAID SO RIGHT! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

RTE wrote:
    Of course the most ludicrous part of the ad is them advocating the use of Lemsip at all - you might as well take Smarties
    Sadder still was my role as a Lemsip drug 'mule' to my mates in the States living in cold ol' Boston who swore by the stuff each winter.

Apparently it's banned over their because it contains Codeine, which can't be sold without prescription in the states.

Still useless though, real men would take a hot Whiskey.

The ad also shows up the subtle cultural differences between here and the UK. If that was in Ireland it would be like "Jaysus, Ian man, can't come into work for the next couple of weeks, me head is bleedin mucus city"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

That ad is so irritating!

Actually PAL, heh, and when he says "this separates the men from the boys", I just go craaaaaazyyy (with annoyance)!!

How can they make such dumb ads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement