Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want my NTL and I want it now!!!

Options
  • 02-03-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with NTL???

No progress on their rollout since January as far as I can see.

Anyone know of them rolling out in any other areas recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I've given in and given up hope and have gone for IBB have to say im impressed so far (3 days :P) I recon they wont have there act together by next year so im not worried about missing out if a 1Mb line is missing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

Living in Stepaside. Have been considering getting BB for last few weeks. Checked out various options. Then discovered that NTL service available. Installation due next Monday. I have no idea how long this has been the case. NTL don't seem to be advertising their BB service. Their website doesn't provide much information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm dying to get it too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

NTL...hahahahahaha

Most incompetant shower of b4stards I've ever seen. We tried to get 512 cable ages ago and they installed it three weeks late. Then it didn't work. Weeks and weeks later they told us it would be fixed. THEN they told us that it couldnt work in our area. THEN they charged us for it. We sent them letters. They sent us invoices for months for BB we never had.

Absolute incompentant jackasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Hard Luck mate. Have NTL's 1.5MB package and I haven't had any problems since they installed a new CATV point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Beats wrote:
    Living in Stepaside. Have been considering getting BB for last few weeks. Checked out various options. Then discovered that NTL service available. Installation due next Monday. I have no idea how long this has been the case. NTL don't seem to be advertising their BB service. Their website doesn't provide much information.

Surprised you didn't get a note thru the door. I'm in Sandyford Hall and got the 1.5Mb line about 4 months ago.
    Must say I haven't had one problem so far, they turned up on time and did a very neat job......Oh, and the connection kicks arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I knew a guy who used to work in NTL. He looked at me funny when I said I wanted to get their broadband. Need I say more? Ok, he said don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

cregser wrote:
    I knew a guy who used to work in NTL. He looked at me funny when I said I wanted to get their broadband. Need I say more? Ok, he said don't!

LOL! He must have worked in NTL's Customer Support. Their cable broadband kicks ass!! :D

I'm hoping that there working on an upgrade to a 3MB line at the moment! Fingers crossed. :)

Has anyone here had NTL broadband and changed to another provider, I'm sure there's a few who have switched to Smart but other than them??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep

waterford was due in february, its now march and not a hide nor hair of it anywhere

Not even a leaflet

:mad:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

NTL 750kbps is class...i seem to be hitting roughly 90kbps download...

is that normal for that or should i expect faster??

• Advertisement

I hit 180KB on the 1.5MB so 90KB for the 750kbps so bang on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

MickFarr wrote:
    Just out of interest.....
    Do most websites give 180k???
    Have u ever got 180k on a torrent before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

yes :-)

Some do some don't can also depend on how busy a site is as for the torrents mostly I'll be close to 180KB when downloading

If your not getting 180K from torrents read this threadTorrents

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

MickFarr wrote:

Good stuff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

ballooba wrote:
    Whats the story with NTL???

No progress on their rollout since January as far as I can see.

Anyone know of them rolling out in any other areas recently?

I rang them up recently and they said they have no schedule for new areas, although i was just asking about bray

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

One of their Engineers was working on Cable in my estate yesterday, so I asked him when will NTL be live in Galway. He told me that all the network infrastructure was in place and we should be live by mid March.

I forgot to ask him what year.

-=- RintPete

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RintPete wrote:
    One of their Engineers was working on Cable in my estate yesterday, so I asked him when will NTL be live in Galway. He told me that all the network infrastructure was in place and we should be live by mid March.

I forgot to ask him what year.

-=- RintPete

LOL *laugh* *laugh* *laugh* funny funny ;)

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Are they still rolling out to new areas though?? Especially since they are up for sale & the parent company may not want to plough any more money into infastructure for ntl:ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Beats wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Stepaside are you living in - towards Sandyford/the village/towards Enniskerry?
    I'm curious as to far they've extended their coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

living in cabra in dublin, i have rung them several times to see if their broadband was available to me.I am closer to the city centre than the half of Cabra that has had ntl broadband since november.Still no notification its available and if i ring them again i can bet theyll tell me they dont know when it will be available :s

Advertisement