Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus Problem

Options
  • 27-02-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

I got this as my default torrent programme, I'm on NTL 1.5 meg however the max I'm getting is 50kbs, I was able to get 150 previuosly!

Anyone know what the probalem might be? there is plenty of seeders so I cant undersatnad why the speed is so low !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

i had almost same problem just get tornado torrent tracker solved it for me 2 hours to get a dvd rip of closer ....very quick and im on 512 broadband ntl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

littlejay wrote:
    i had almost same problem just get tornado torrent tracker solved it for me 2 hours to get a dvd rip of closer ....very quick and im on 512 broadband ntl

you got a link to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

http://www.bittornado.com/

any probs let me know ..
    what files u after films games?

littlejay wrote:
    http://www.bittornado.com/

any probs let me know ..
    what files u after films games?

you will probably laugh at this but I move from Tornado as I had the same probalem, maybe its my BB conection, is ther any optimum settings on both ?

I use it for MP3

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

do you have a router?

check out www.portforward.com

• Advertisement

No router m8 :-) but I got a strong firewall ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

im in a similar situation myself ive got ntl 750 and ive never seen a torrent go faster than about 25kbps ive got all the port fowarding on my router sorted and ive changed the port azureus is using to an obscure one just incase ntl are throttling the bandwidth on 6889 but still my torrents usualy average about 3kbps if ive got a few of them on the go. :confused:

Tried the port forwarding no change ! WTF

Maybe its like stagolee said the port is rstricted......?

Where are you stagolee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

have you tried changing the port that azureus uses , i think its in tools.. options or configuration or something on azureus. change it to any number between 7000 and 45000.
    its got me confused aswell. i can download at 75kbps from sites on the web so 25kbps max on bittorrent is crap

edit: im in d2

stagolee wrote:
    have you tried changing the port that azureus uses , i think its in tools.. options or configuration or something on azureus. change it to any number between 7000 and 45000.
    its got me confused aswell. i can download at 75kbps from sites on the web so 25kbps max on bittorrent is crap

edit: im in d2

Done but my port is :- 6881

is that ok ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Forward 6881 and 6969

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You can set it to any port you want but the default ones are 6881-6969. Have you tried downloading a different torrent file. The general speed can vary from transfer to transfer. Try one of the files on animesuki. The new ones on that site usually run at the fastest speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

It seems to be all NTL users that are having this problem, I have a 750k ntl connection so I should expect a download speed of 90kb/s but I never get more than 14/15 and that is an exception.
    First of all I tried azureus and always got a yellow light and speeds of 5k generally, then I tried Bit Tornado and got the same results and now I tried bit torrent/storm of whatever and still the same.
    I have a netgear wireless router and I am using zone alarm pro on some machines, i also have forwarded 6881 -6999 on the router on tcp i think and triggered them as well.
    I can just by pass the router and connect into the modem and disable the firewall but I don't think either of them is the problem, however I do think it is a NAT issue and even though I live in London, I imagine NTL's service to be the same. I know the ip address on the net see's corresponds to the ntl server and not necessarily my laptops ip address and I think that has something to do with the problem.
    I am really open to any suggestions you might have to rectify the problem as it would be nice to download videos and make the best use of my connection.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Try just plugging the modem straight into the pc without router or firewall running. If it works you will know its a router problem, if it doesn't its a NTL problem.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Try just plugging the modem straight into the pc without router or firewall running. If it works you will know its a router problem, if it doesn't its a NTL problem.

I guess we cant win ! left my firewal down before christmas and got a nasty trojan, follwwed by a "reformatt of my PC"................ thisnk for the sake of a few torrents I'll leave my firewall up !! and deal with the 50 - 70 kps dl's with a 1.5 meg NTL service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

This problem is brought up all the time. Just because you can download at up to 180KB a sec and a torrent file has 50 seeds and 50 peers does not mean you will be downloading at 180KB.

If you are downloading from a public torrent site you will not get as fast downloads as you would from a private torrent site. Members on a private torrent site will seed the file (in the rules) where as on a public site once the file is downloaded they switch off.

I find that on the private sites I get max downloads of 180KB where as on a public site I get anywhere from 1KB -> 80KB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Exactly Mick. If you are downloading from public torrents, people who are seeding might have crappy upload speeds or have hundreds of leechers. This isn't how BT is supposed to work. If you are a member of a private tracker, you'll see they have rules regarding leeching, and ratios. And most people with 100mb pipes will be happy to seed files for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 turbit

What is a good private torrent site guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No, they don't. Linking to warez gets you a swift ban.

Moving this over to nets/comms aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Disable uPnp, people often finds it causes NAT errors. Its in the azureus options somewhere.

What the hell are you using bittorrent for mp3s for anyway? Use Kazaa ressurection(lite) or something similar. If you can't find kazaa lite I could send you an old installer exe I have by email. Pm me. Bittorrent is overcomplicated overkill for mp3s.

• Advertisement
Advertisement