Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All you can eat

Options
  • 18-02-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for some recomendations on an all you can eat resteraunt/diner/cafe/anything in Dublin or its southern suburbs. I need a cheap meal that will fill me up, I hate these massive plates with a sauce spirals extending to the rim and about 3 mouthfulls of food in the centre. I want a good feed for a good price and I want to decide when I've had enough!!!!!! haha.
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Pizza Hut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Pick stuff with lots of protein - that increases satiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Just go to domino's and Order like a focking meanl for 4... hehe

good idea shrimp, cause that's cheap! ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

20 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

chanze chinese restaurant around the corner from the international pub in Dublin do an all u can eat buffet. I think it's 15 snickers.

Alternatively, bunk into a 21st birthday party for free all u can eat cocktail sausages, egg sambos and chicken wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Preferably healthy and no "softdrinks" included in a deal :D

€15 is a bit steep really... anywhere that would be say €7-10?

I got a good earlybird deal in an italian resteraunt up that road across from central bank that has JackJones shop on it, its up a laneway that leads to a carpark. I think it was €7.80 for starter main course and wine. You only have a choice of 3 starters and 3 main courses, the soup is very nice and you get loads, the main course is nice. Very creamy though!

Any similar places?

Pizza Hut is €9.99 i think, and if you're under 12 its only €4.95 :)

€9.99 all you can eat??? ooooh yeah!! If I told them I was under 12 would they have to believe me? So when is this AYCE available in pizza hut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

princess gardens in lucan beside the statoil in the village.. all you can eat 12euro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You could probebly buy more than all the chinese food you could eat for €15.

princess gardens in lucan beside the statoil in the village.. all you can eat 12euro

What food is it? When is the ALL YOU CAN EAT available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

cormie wrote:
    I got a good earlybird deal in an italian resteraunt up that road across from central bank that has JackJones shop on it, its up a laneway that leads to a carpark. I think it was €7.80 for starter main course and wine. You only have a choice of 3 starters and 3 main courses, the soup is very nice and you get loads, the main course is nice. Very creamy though!

That was 'Steps of Rome' I love it there! Small menus are better than long confusing ones sometimes. A short menu means there's a frequent turnaround and preparation of food this = fresh!

Pizza Hut 'All you can' eat buffet is at lunchtimes. Its OK. Depending on what pizzas are out. the salad is pretty dire thoough.

The AYCE in pizza hut is only availible during lunch hours on weekdays. 12:30- 2:30 i think. Free refills too.

chinese food its really nice

What times/days is it available on?

i think its all day it doesnt give times and i've been there on a saturday night and had the all you can eat menu

Cool :D may give it a shot, thanks

any more suggestions? City based, good cheap food and enough to leave you satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

chinese food its really nice
    Not the food in most chinese takeaways and the food in chanze is worse than that. 15 euros for the kind of food they are serving is a complete rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 happydayz

"Hi,
    I'm looking for some recomendations on an all you can eat resteraunt/diner/cafe/anything in Dublin or its southern suburbs. I need a cheap meal that will fill me up, I hate these massive plates with a sauce spirals extending to the rim and about 3 mouthfulls of food in the centre. I want a good feed for a good price and I want to decide when I've had enough!!!!!! haha.
    thanks!"

Why not get 2 lunches at maloti , you can get 2 for less than 10 euro, I think that is pretty good. You can get free vouchers at www.grabit.ie, lots of other places also listed here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Mongolian Barbecue has meal deals and it is all you can eat, cant remember the exact prices now but they are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

There is a chinese in Parkwest (out by Clondalkin) which do "all you can eat" lunches for €10.88 (dont know where they got the 88 cent from) - good choice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

cajun tiger it is about 16 euro in princess garden now, but i thought it was pretty good value considering i had 5 plates of food in total

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

There is a chinese in Parkwest (out by Clondalkin) which do "all you can eat" lunches for €10.88 (dont know where they got the 88 cent from) - good choice as well.

I think the number 8 is considered particularly lucky in Chinese culture - something to do with it sounding the same as the word 'rich' (presumably in Mandarin?)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Macker

These used to do it ,give them a ring and ask
    Mongolian Barbeque
    7 Angelsea Street
    Temple Bar
    Dublin
    670-4154

Macker

Barbeque ey? Thanks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

The Mongolian Barbeque is fantastic! You choose what you want to eat and they cook it for you right there :D You can eat sooo much! yummy yummy

Yum! any idea on pricing for all you can eat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I was there a few years ago and it was £10 for a big feed. So I'd say it's about €50 now. :)

Advertisement