Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a good old moan about smart

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,113 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dub45 wrote:
    People who wish to alternate between Ryanair and Aer Lingus do not have to cancel an ongoing contract to do so - nor face the prospect of not being able to fly at all while this contract is being cancelled.
    oh for crying out loud would you just get over it?
    What do you want smart to do, hold you hand?
    *YOU* signed up for whatever contract it is you are involved in, not them so *YOU* can deal with it.
    If you subscribed for Time magazine and then decided that you prefer the National Geographic offer there is feck all NG are going to do to help you out with Time.
    Sheesh, you are such a moany phucker :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

dub45 wrote:
    People who wish to alternate between Ryanair and Aer Lingus do not have to cancel an ongoing contract to do so - nor face the prospect of not being able to fly at all while this contract is being cancelled.

i personally hope smart do succeed as i like anyone am a selfish person. if they do succeed they will take a lot of customers from eircom forcing them to SLASH their overheads and lay off 1/3 of their workforce. eircom could never compete with their offering on their current overheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Can we keep this thread useful please. It's long enough as it is without making it worse. Hopefully an admin will clear the pointless posts. (inc this one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

dub45 wrote:
    The Aer Lingus analogy works more like this:

You're airborne (accepted and executed contract) and you decide you don't want to fly Aer Lingus anymore.
    Obviously, you can't change service provider mid-flight. So for your onward/ return/ next journey, you decide to fly Singapore Airlines.

Now that requires co-ordination. Maybe the next SA flight doesn't link up exactly with the Aer Lingus flight and you have to wait at the airport/ change airports etc.

Giving out to the Aer Lingus flight crew that it's unaccceptable they haven't co-ordinated their flights with Singapore Airlines, or worse, that they don't support mid-air transfers, won't help. To be honest, they'll probably tune out after a while.

So, back to broadband. There are 100K+ broadband customers in Ireland. The aim over the next two years is to get to 500K+. Smart have announced to the market a significant 'step-change' in pricing and service. As lomb points out, there is a huge untapped demand for cost effective broadband in Ireland.

For existing broadband customers there are a number of relationships to be managed.

1. BB customer's retail relationship with ISP.
    2. ISP's wholesale relationship with eircom.
    3. Smart's wholesale relationship with eircom.

And as Dub45 rightly points out...

4. Smart's retail relationship with our new customer.

We won't do anything to a new customer's line without co-ordinating it with the customer.

Transparency and communication will be key. That's one of the reasons we're here on this board.

I appreciate all the feedback that has been received and we are reviewing some of our decisions on that basis.

Thank you for all the positive comments that have been made. Thanks too for all the pointers on possible problems. Any suggestions on how these possible problems can be addressed or mitigated against would be appreciated. We're looking at it internally already, but there seems to be some very bright people on the board, so please suggest how we can do it better.

Thanks,

Garfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

All split out of the main smart thread. Keep any of this stuff in this thread from now on please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I was pointing out that the tragedy of ESAT is that never corporately realised what they were doing wrong. BT moved its CS operations to the North East of England and Belfast 10 years ago or more because they simply could not get worthwhile staff in the South of England so its not like they SHOULDN'T know

LOL, BT Have CS Operations in Swords, Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the main reason i don't like smart telecom is that one day they rang my house and my mum answered. they were looking to win us over to their service, my mum said that she would have to talk it over with the bill payer (my dad) before agreeing to anything.

so a week later we get a greetings letter from smart telecom saying welcome to greater savings and all.

now they MAY BE cheaper but we didn't give you's consent to change over, anyways to cut a long story short, because of your stupid customer grabbing tactics you've lost yourself a potential broadband customer.

Advertisement