Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

punk trousers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

qz wrote:
    You are going to be veeeery tired.
    He can make himself a punk respiratory system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

****in' have tones of punk products. Even goes so far as to have it's own style of music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

any decent punk 'puters on the market?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Just in case anyone arrived here via google and is still waiting on their punk trousers thirst to be quenched:

http://www.buycostumes.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=17168&AFC-cju&link=datafeed&AID=10273928&PID=575506

This is the best thread that has ever graced this board.

• Advertisement

It also brought one of the earlier incarnations of "waf" to my attention. Only 10 days after it's first use!

http://wiki.redbrick.dcu.ie/mw/waf

Just read the first page and decided to skip to the end.

The whole concept of Punk as I understand it is individuality. It's about being yourself and doing your own thing. The whole uniform mentality which follows punk is crap, everyone at gigs dressing the same, and by doing so are conforming to a preconcieved perception of what punk is. You can wear khakis and be a punk, its not about how much you stand out from the crowd but about how you think.

At a Jesse James gig awhile back, some "punk" in tattered jeans, a leather jacket, skin head and a dozen piercings told me I would never be a punk because I wore glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Beware The Plastic Punks (dregin)

Finally got me punk trousers. Woven from the finest hairs plucked from janer's arse and stamped with the juice of avril lavigne:

DSC00014.JPG

OLP wrote: »
    Beware The Plastic Punks (dregin)

YOU'RE ****IN DED!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Brunteaphile

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Great thread!

I wonder did he ever find his punk trousers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Google Ads wrote:
    Steam punk goggles
    Clothing for Intrepid Men & Women Steampunk at Gentlemans Emporium
    www.steampunkemporium.com

Classic google ads.

Steampunk is ****in' deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Just read the first page and decided to skip to the end.

The whole concept of Punk as I understand it is individuality. It's about being yourself and doing your own thing. The whole uniform mentality which follows punk is crap, everyone at gigs dressing the same, and by doing so are conforming to a preconcieved perception of what punk is. You can wear khakis and be a punk, its not about how much you stand out from the crowd but about how you think.

At a Jesse James gig awhile back, some "punk" in tattered jeans, a leather jacket, skin head and a dozen piercings told me I would never be a punk because I wore glasses.

Individuality in the punk scene? Yeah right!:D. There's as much blind conformity in the punk scene as there is in anything else in life. Difference is that the punk scene doesn't want to believe that about itself. Saying you're different, and maybe even believing you're different doesn't necessarily make it true that you are. It can be a subtle but powerful form of self deception and self delusion.

That's not a blanket condemnation of conformist punks btw. I'ts only natural for humans to want to conform and follow their leaders. It's the actual act of consciously changing yourself that's not so easy. Take it from me, a man who wore many punk trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Randomly enough Facebook started encouraging me to reconnect with Slowey just around the time this thread resurfaced. He's everywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I have some brand new punk trousers for sale for only €344,578,576 .

Advertisement