Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Again, it begins...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Oh yeah. Rereading it I can see how you misunderstood it. I meant, if he ran for welfare, I could see him winning it, based on, the very important mugshot. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

has a candidate ever been tossed out of the SU elections before? i'm thinking that if Gambino wasn't, then no-one ever was!

maybe aodh-rua would know the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

has a candidate ever been tossed out of the SU elections before? i'm thinking that if Gambino wasn't, then no-one ever was!

Gambino got 2 strikes to the best of my knowledge, but he backed off to be shy of the final third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

DrIndy wrote:
    Can't do campaign talk here ;)

Listen out for those who have constructive ideas. Concrete and very workable statements such as what they will do in the future, not vague promises of "more involvement". Listen out for specifics - which demonstrates they have prior knowledge and have researched the faculty's needs

There is a big nursing block though considering that once you are mobilised for anything (including voting) you turn out in force.

Thanks for the tip :p

Oh and about the block, yeah there's a lot of us... so the candidates who didnt come speak to us.. well its their loss! I've made up my mind for 2moro :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

based on, the very important mugshot. That is all.
    pfft :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Unfort. the internet stream doesn't seem to be working for me... :-(

I'm finding this weeks shows far more interesting and much less annoying that last times. Was listening to some guy sing some funny songs about Bob Dylan impersonators killing parties and then the same guy talking about Sinn Fein and the IRA. He also had a funny guy on talking about the teenage mutant ninja turtles and how there is now currently a new show with a 5th turtle. A lady turtle!!! Couldn't believe my ears.

Yesterday, or was it today, can't remember, I also found out thru t:fm that not only was victoria beckham pregnant, she gave birth to a healthy boy named Cruz. Now I don't need to buy the Sun/Star/Junk any more, just have to listen to the radio.

There were two guys on Andrew's sports hour, although they seemed ok, didn't really know much about sport. But who cares it's all in the name of college radio.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll fix the streaming in the morning.....

or in the afternoon.... which is most likely

you can fix it? you another scifi/t:fm hack?
    why can't u fix it now? i'l try it again soon might fix it's self.

think it's fixed but hard to tell cos you're not streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

During my eight years no candidate has been disqualified - although one resigned before taking up office. In the past the electoral commission have tended to issue lots of warnings but not the 'ultimate sanction'. There were certainly some campaigns a few years back where the current EC would probably have been more assertive than the one at the time. DrIndy will probably know which ones I'm on about ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Although apparently five years ago a candidate was 'removed' due to the fact that they weren't a "fully capitated" student (i.e. they hadn't paid their appropriate fees).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

according to the EC its been roughly 20 years since someone has had to be struck off from the ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

EduCat wrote:
    Although apparently five years ago a candidate was 'removed' due to the fact that they weren't a "fully capitated" student (i.e. they hadn't paid their appropriate fees).

Yep - he was an education candidate the year Averil Power won that job against Dave Memery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Streaming is fixed now, someone disconnected a wire.... :rolleyes:

Votes cast for Lorna are going to be counted as 'spoiled'... it'll be interesting to see how many of these there are...

Anyone want to call it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Indy for Education!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

stargal wrote:

Anyone want to call it yet?

I'd say the dead-certs are Donal for Education and Tom for Welfare.

I wouldn't have a clue who is edging ahead in the other three races, although the bold names would be the guess:
      John Mannion - Ed Reilly
        Andrew Payne - Tom Dillon
          Niall Hughes - Mick Cullinan

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

oo scrubs

This isn't Stargal but I don't want to log out and log in again. It's Kevin_rc_ie here.

I was asking Donal's election person, and he said that, all votes for Lorna would be disregarded. For example, if I voted lorna 1, donal 2 and denise 3, donal would become 1 and denise 2 and i;m not sure about Ron.

I'm calling it (Kevin here), O'reily, pain in me ass, donal, tom, niall.

however, i reckon eds going to be close. probably dep too.

your in the studio i guess

[kevin]no stargal was in my house this afternoon and forgot to sign out.[/kevin]

• Advertisement

i see.....

moving onwards, whens the results going to ba announced?

[kevin]early friday morning, between 3 and 5am[\kevin]

[Real Stargal in the laser huts] This is... very surreal

[kevin] supports mutliple logins. i assume ur not going to lock the door on kealy's way out. shall i log out? are u on the back of andrew's manifesto? [/kevin]

[Real Stargal] Yeah if you could log out that'd be great. And put on a playlist (either 'Filler Playlist' or 'Monday night midnight - 9am') before you go. And MOST IMPORTANTLY put the blank video on top of the video recorder into the machine and press 'Record'

Thanks a mil.

And no, that's our friend Julie on the back of the manifesto. Both have dark hair though.

this is sureal.....

altho i guess the real star girl would have replyied to my email by now

Check your mail.

Anyway back on topic... judging on the performances of the candidates at the Slave Auction in the Buttery tonight, I'll call Mannion for Pres and Andrew for DepPres. Don't know about any of the others. I'll never look at Tom Lowth in the same light again :eek:

only reason i voted for andrew for dep pres is because his g/f said she'd poke me with pointy sticks if i didn't.

Joe

Yeah, she's feisty

• Advertisement

your telling me, crazy wench scares me.....

Advertisement