Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new site....

Options
  • 08-02-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

My opinion is - that's a copy of boards?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Gordon wrote:
    My opinion is - that's a copy of boards?!
    Yeah, its pretty shameless alright... "boards type" indeed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Now now Gordon,
    The child has his toy, let him play with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

sorry mummy

here, I made you a logo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I dont see the point of your forum site, which is the direct copy of the boards forums....

Why would you do this, when people could just post on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gordon wrote:
    here, I made you a logo
    pld

yes, but with the exact same forum titles, 'After Hours', 'The Cuckoo's Nest' etc etc... c'mon dude, some originality wouldn't hurt..

eh ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think it looks a little bit like www.boards.ie !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm glad i could bring it to your attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

yes, but with the exact same forum titles, 'After Hours', 'The Cuckoo's Nest' etc etc... c'mon dude, some originality wouldn't hurt..

Don't forget the copy and paste charters... or the copy and paste forum descriptions...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ok, I think there's been enough baiting sofar, and Solitaryman666 appears to be wearing a flame retardant suit, so please don't post unless you're going to give him a hand.

(On a personal note, I don't like this; Shrimp has a similar thing going, he was very unpopular here and this just associates you with him for most people. I suggest - feel free to ignore me - that you knock off most of those forums. You have no reason for the bulletin board's existance at all, let alone the 30+ forums and without reason there will be no user base. People don't just 'sign up'. I could go into a lot more detail, but I don't want to bore anyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just a little tip, If you want to create a forums site, you don't start by having about 30 Sub Forums.
    You start basic and expand from there, I am almost certain thats how boards.ie started, for a General Discussion site and it expanded into categorised forums as demand became higher.

Anyways best of luck, though I think the times of creating general forums like that now a days is gone. Boards.ie was lucky to get in there, but I doubt people will bother with new ones as theres nobody on them.

Well thats my 2c
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Webmonkey wrote:
    I am almost certain thats how boards.ie started

One word - Quake

Archive.org - May 2000

youradhere.gif

*sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

anyone can make a site with xoops/phpbb/vbulletin/phpnuke etc. be a bit more original and create a webby from scratch, it'll be apreciated more

actually the HIM main site looks decent enough but i have a horrible twinge telling me that that was a pre-built template from freewebs... apologies if im wrong

i should explain myself more, personally i dont think these templates should be used on their own, as is, (boards.ie aside) the way they should be used is as a link off a website (like you did with the HIM site) and the css should be heavily customised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

edit.gif

• Advertisement

postcount

Hi, don't do that anymore. gg thnx pld.

oh grow up

oh grow up
    Tsk tsk, I believe you're the one who needs an attitude check; your posts were already whiney.
    Now, can it before I start doing magic tricks and make you disappear.

you know its patronising crap like that that starts off these fights with moderators, which always has the same outcome, ie. the person whos stands up for him/herself gets banned, so ill just end this by saying.. it sucks and leave it at that

Good stuff, I'm glad thats all sorted without having to ban people.
    There is only one person banned from here who hasn't since recieved a boardswide ban and I'd like to keep the numbers that way (low).

If you would like to continue this discussion in The Thunderdome, pm me and I will be more than happy to split the offending posts off and we can duke it out where we're both normal users.

nope im done... carry on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

shameless copy and paste.

at least try to be a little original.

sheesh.

• Advertisement