Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2005 Details Up

Options
  • 05-02-2005 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

just thought I'd tell y'all that the course descriptions are up for summer 2005 at http://www.dcu.ie/ctyi/summer/academic/c_desc05.htm
    Some interesting new subjects have arrived. I wonder how long it'll take for the brochure to come.
    What's everyone (who's going back, don't eat me if you're a nevermore) thinking of doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

COOL!!! Some funky new things are here.
    Em, i'm prob definately going to session 2. I'll be a Nevermore after next year and I think if I went to session 1 then went home the thought of other people being there would piss me off/upset me... Sad, but hey...
    Zoology (kan't spel) sounds cool. But I think psycology sounds good... For all those who went to psycology or philosophy are they good???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So what's the difference between Speculative Fiction Writing and Writing for Life, then? o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

haven't done philosophy, but psychology was great - especially if the same instructor comes back who taught it the past two summers and was a TA in 02. Sarah's awesome. she even wrote me a recommendation for college applications.
    anyway, speculative fiction writing? hmm...maybe they just needed another section for wfl cause it's so popular. curious and curiouser.
    anyway, happy picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Philosophy was brilliant, I'd recomend it to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Zoology (kan't spel)

How ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Yeah Psych is the best and Sarah rocks my socks, she was the best TA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Caoimhe wrote:
    Yeah Psych is the best and Sarah rocks my socks, she was the best TA :)
    sarah lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

No, Sarah McElwee. Or something like that....

Psychology is so great!

How did you get Sarah to write you a recommendation hannah??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Sarah McElwee is great, very nice but personally I didnt think psychology was all that.I think it's only for some people.On the other hand I'd recommend Corporate Business to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

A new Drama class!!!!!? SWEEEETTT!! I think that's a brillaint addition! I'll probably be aiming for Philosophy this year.
    Joke:-
    What do you get if you cross a Mafioso with a post-modernist? An offer you can't understand!! (If you were a philosopher you'd get it)
    And of course I'll be going to Session 2! I don't really have a choice unless I want to be leaving throughout the course to take J.C. tests, like some eejits have done. :rolleyes:

21st Century Science seems to be a renaming of Talk Science.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

international relations comes highly recommended. if you like sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmm. I'd like to do drama, but I'm session 2 now, so twill probably be Philosophy, or that funky writingy thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Arrgh... so many courses. And I've only done two. Hey there's no Art course this year, thats weird. So... do you think hey'd mind if I just kinda tried to go back despite the fact I'll be turning 17 the month before? Any ideas on how to get in? *big hopeful eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

All ya can do is apply. If they send out the application forms then happy days. If ya dont get them im sure a begging letter (via email) wouldnt be too bad either. Id say ya might have a good chance actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Speculative Fiction sounds cool. I've been wishing I could do Writing for Life again, but I guess that'd be the next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Peterfing - apply - its 50/50 on whether anything will happen. anyhow, i gotta go apply for a job this summer there - wonder will i get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

You really think they'll employ ya crash, what with your unshavedness and all!? only messin', best of luck to ya! hoping to work in dad's hospital this summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

don't worry, Neil. the masses will revolt if you don't get in. we'll round up the usual suspects and it'll be a revolution party.
    i was gonna apply, but i would've had to fly over for an interview in april, and i don't have time for that. ARGH. heh. perhaps another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zing boom ducky

international relations comes highly recommended. if you like sleeping
    i concur.
    oh yeah legal studies deadly too in case any ones wonderin bout that, eoin and roderick will wow you with their heh coolness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Plunky wrote:
    You really think they'll employ ya crash, what with your unshavedness and all!? only messin', best of luck to ya! hoping to work in dad's hospital this summer...
    Actually i shaved this morning. in preparation. and in fairness, they hired dermo. i know way too many odds things that he's pulled for him to be allowed around minors tbh :P

hehehe :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Sigh, why does Drama have to be ses1 only? :(
    Prolly do Spec Fiction ooooor Zoology.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aye, I would have loved to do drama but session 1 is out of the question. Looks like it'll be either Psychology or Legal studies for me though speculative writing looks interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Speculative Writing sounds very interesting. but there's so much to do, it could end up being anything, though I'd assume it'll be sesh 2 for me anyways.

I absolutely insist that ye all put down Marine Biology. Huzzah! Japanese is equally fabulous but I think you'd need Declan to make it truly magical :) The new courses sound deadly, wish I could do one... *sniff* 21st Century Science... or Zoology...
    I miss the days of Literature, Drama and Writing, that was an amazing course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Are you talking about Declan Moran or some other Declan who I'm not familiar with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dervy

Uggghhhh!!!! I wanna be a physio and I :mad: thought it was savage when I saw it was on but only in session 1! Then I decided I'd do drama and guess what.....session 1!!! Uggghhhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

eh go to session one so :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Good luck so, you shaven man, you!
    And for the record guys, as far as I'm aware, CTYI Psychology leaves out ALL the nasty statistics stuff that you have to do in college as part of your degree - bear it in mind...

Nah, Declan Sommers, he was the teacher for the first half of the course in '03

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I'm thinking it'll be legal studies session 2 for me this year.

Advertisement