Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Lost' now DELAYED til Summer 2005 on E4..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive downloaded the first two episodes and jesus it is fantastic... some of the best television well..EVAR !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, i'm currently downloading the first two episodes off a site that offers a low quality DIVX file which is under 200MB (good enough for viewing on my Archos - www.archos.com/av400).

Will let you know the verdict when i watch! Am seriously pis*ed off it's been delayed on E4... was really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I saw the first episode and it was deadly. My mate has all 13 that have been shown in America so it's just a matter of getting a dvd from her... Would be easier to watch it on TV though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why the hell do Channel 4 snap up the pay tv rights to shows for E4 then wait to show them alongside Channel 4. bit of a waste imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

maybe because e4 is a realy awful digital tv channel :(

• Advertisement

Right.. so i watched the pilot last night and my God, it was great viewing!!!

Should have started downloading it a long time ago. Getting the next couple of episodes now... an supposed to be doing college work but won't be happy til i see 'em all aired so far.

The scenes with the plane crash must have cost a fair bit to film.

Personal highlights:
    - The plane crash scenes looked amazing!
    - Dominic Monaghan was great as the comic relief character
    - The cliffhanger of Kate being the prisoner on the plane
    - The guy getting sucked into the engine at the beginning looked cool! :D
    - Dominic Monaghan was great as the comic relief

Anyways, the whole episode was a personal highlight.

Don't know why E4 delayed this... hopefully Network 2 will pick up the rights! But just in case they don't, i'm using Mr. Bit Torrent! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Finally a thread I can read about 'Lost' -- I've seen the first 4 eps, and have up to ep 11 on loan from a friend.

The pilot is fantastic, really excellent set-up. So far, I've felt episode 3+4 fail to live up to quite the same high standard, but they're still both good.

I wouldn't mind being in America right now to be watching Alias S4 alongside Lost :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

basquille wrote:
    Don't know why E4 delayed this... hopefully Network 2 will pick up the rights! But just in case they don't, i'm using Mr. Bit Torrent! :D

Mr. Bit Torrent is truly evil. Especially since I can't use him on a college network. Evil evil evil.

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, i'm currently downloading the first two episodes off a site that offers a low quality DIVX file which is under 200MB (good enough for viewing on my Archos - www.archos.com/av400).

Will let you know the verdict when i watch! Am seriously pis*ed off it's been delayed on E4... was really looking forward to it.

The episodes ive been downloading are 350 mb but are perfect quality. What site are you getting them off ? wouldnt mind getting some 200 meg episodes :) Is the quality decent ?

The pilot was about 150MB when unzipped... all the other episodes are ranging from 60 to 70MB.

Only has the first 11 episodes on the site... and i think there's on episode 13 now. But hopefully they'll update it within the next few days with the new episodees/

The episodes range in format between AVI and WMV.

Only watched the pilot yet... an AVI encoded at a pretty low bitrate but watchable if you're stuck... a tad blurry on fast scenes though.

I've PM'd you with the address...

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    The pilot was about 150MB when unzipped... all the other episodes are ranging from 60 to 70MB.

Only has the first 11 episodes on the site... and i think there's on episode 13 now. But hopefully they'll update it within the next few days with the new episodees/

The episodes range in format between AVI and WMV.

Only watched the pilot yet... an AVI encoded at a pretty low bitrate but watchable if you're stuck... a tad blurry on fast scenes though.

I've PM'd you with the address...

Cheers , 60-70 mb is quite small... think ill stick to the 350 mb ones for quality reasons ! I have a 16gb cap anywho , may as well use it.

Yeah, i'm stuck on Eircom's "fantastic" 8GB cap... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, i'm stuck on Eircom's "fantastic" 8GB cap... :rolleyes:
    you do know they dont enforce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Maybe network two will pick it up in the mean time, and we wont have to wait as long to see it.

tuxy wrote:
    you do know they dont enforce it?
    Yeah, i know but got it confirmed from a reliable source that they will be enforcing it very shortly!.. Been over my cap plenty of times.
    Maybe network two will pick it up in the mean time, and we wont have to wait as long to see it.
    Well, i'll keep ye posted. Sent an e-mail to Network 2 asking about it's status last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

TCamen wrote:
    The pilot is fantastic, really excellent set-up. So far, I've felt episode 3+4 fail to live up to quite the same high standard, but they're still both good.

Ah, but the end of "Walkabout" was worthy of the clever twists in the pilot. One of my favourite episodes of the 13 so far.

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, i know but got it confirmed from a reliable source that they will be enforcing it very shortly!.. Been over my cap plenty of times.
    Well, i'll keep ye posted. Sent an e-mail to Network 2 asking about it's status last night.

RTE2 need this show starting now BADLY, especially after their insane decision not to show 24 s4. They'll want a good lead on E4, not to give viewers who miss an episode the chance to say, "Oh, I'll just catch it on E4..."

Not alone that, but summer is a notoriously BAD time to launch a television show, so it beggars belief that it hasn't started already in the depths of winter when people stay indoors.

Plus, considering its Golden Globe nomination, RTE would be wiser to catch the buzz about this show now.

Basquille - if you're near the end of your contract, you really should move to one of the other, er, more "generous" providers. Caps suck.

Whoops - double post! Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder if the reason that Lost has been put back on E4 anything to do with that new show Point Pleasent (I think its called) ? Does anybody know what the ratings in the states are like for that? Maybe it will only last a few episodes and E4 will then start showing LOST. Network Two should get their finger out and show it soon.. Dont even think they have shown Season three of Alias yet... Just as well i have satellite tv for that.

Point Pleasant only starts tomorrow night (Wednesday) in the US, so for this to be arriving on E4 so soon really is one of the fastest turnarounds ever. No idea why they've decided to risk running with this (it could be cancelled within 6 episodes!), when there are well over 16 Lost episodes already produced (with 13 of those aired).
    This Point Pleasant business really is bizarre. But then, since when did TV schedulers ever do something that makes sense?!

Network 2 said last year they didn't plan to show Alias s3 - dreadful treatment for such a great show (even if s3 was weaker.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

HDTV Ripps are the ONLY way to go, enuff said ;)

You said it. What with RTE's inept scheduling, satellite channels' plastering of ALL NEW NEW THURSDAY IN TWO WEEKS - NEW! - all over the screen on every channel, their stupid ad-break placing, not to mention their inability to show anything sooner (even when the US has built up a sufficient amount to begin - 24, anyone?!!!), HDTV is the best channel their is - for everything!

If only having a TV but not watching normal 'channels' didn't require a licence...!

Just an update on this - RTE are due to commence Lost in early May, I hear - Monday May 2nd is the likely start date. Not sure which channel it's been given to yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

doh.ie wrote:
    Just an update on this - RTE are due to commence Lost in early May, I hear - Monday May 2nd is the likely start date. Not sure which channel it's been given to yet.
    Probably RTE 2 considering that's who got Alias and Desperate Housewives, from Touchstone. If this is true then hurray, hope it's a decent time though!

RTE don't have to keep their purchases to a particular station, though. (West Wing was on Network 2 at one stage, before a move to RTE1. I think CSI might also have run there at one stage. Several other programmes in the past ten years also jumped channels (ST:TNG was another), so they're not restricted in where they put it in terms of programming deals. (It's like ITV or the BBC can buy a series but are free to show it on any of their channels.) I see RTE2 has a new show, Naked Camera, at 10pm from next Monday. Wonder if it'll just run for a week or two, then leaving that slot free... Or is that suggesting it's locked up and means Lost will definitely go to RTE1? Digiguide should update with the details for that week before very long.

You're right, though - buying Desperate Housewives suggests RTE have a full deal for first refusal on all Touchstone material. (Alias, though, which was on RTE2 for two seasons never appeared for the third. Stupid decision.)

Apparently E4 have only postponed it because they need something with heaps of hype that will actually live up to it (which Lost most certainly does) to replace something as big as Desperate Housewives and take its timeslot.

Probably RTE 2 considering that's who got Alias and Desperate Housewives, from Touchstone. If this is true then hurray, hope it's a decent time though!
    I'd actually say it'll be RTE1. As i can't see Network 2 ditching their comedy night with plenty of episodes left in the seasons of Scrubs and Joey.
    steveland? wrote:
    Apparently E4 have only postponed it because they need something with heaps of hype that will actually live up to it (which Lost most certainly does) to replace something as big as Desperate Housewives and take its timeslot.
    Also E4 / C4 wanted to use some exclusive promos, like they did with 'Desperate Housewives' so expect to see some promos involving the cast over the summer months.

basquille wrote:
    Also E4 / C4 wanted to use some exclusive promos, like they did with 'Desperate Housewives' so expect to see some promos involving the cast over the summer months.

Yep. And a *lot* of promos, ages in advance of its start-date as well... C4/E4 will be hyping this (hopefully not to death) a LOT over the summer, particularly during Big Brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I noticed an extended trailer on RTE 2 last night during an ad break, saying Lost was "Coming soon..."

Anyone got an exact start date yet?

• Advertisement

Edit: 23rd May

Advertisement