Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO sightings in Asia before Tsunami

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually it was a crashed alien spaceship from the future that came here to warn us about a terrible tsunami, except that their crash is what caused the Tsunami. The government in the future knew this and sent the Quizzblorgs* back into the past full knowing they would die (This was in order to prevent a paradox loop which would wipe out most of the future). US and Indian spy satillites picked up the ship shortly before it fell and dispatched warships to the location, with the front that they were helping out. But both are in a secret race to capture the downed UFO. Unknown to them the spaceship contains the spatial data which will bring about an interdimensional war.

I've said too much. :eek:

* Did I mention that the human race co-exist with an interdimensional race in 2097?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

what worries me hobbes is you probably believe most of it...... :D

I thought GWB was ordered a underwater nuke explosion to cause a tsunami to get Iraq off the front pages

/me fetchs my tin foil hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It was the aliens who started the tsunami!! didnt you lot hear him? simulating natural disasters and all that!!!

I heard that about Roscommon being UFO capital of the Ireland, and about the army closing off an area the same night people saw strange lights on a hill... didnt hear about RAF helicopter, but that would explain it all right...crashed and burned....how convienient....
    /// Shifty Eyes \\\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

check this link out, shows ufos buzzin about during the september 11th attacks, turns it wasn't Bin Laden, Sadam Husien, the boogey man, emigrents, or brown people after all, was those alien spacers up to their old tricks!

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/WTC_UFO.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dahamsta wrote:
    Roscommon, probably.

adam /who's never actually been to roscommon

careful now
    roscommon people are very, very, very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

BAH UFO's again eh, the pesky aliens.

While I do believe in other life forms in the universe (I think its statistically inevitable), I dont think UFO's came and hovered over the ocean, staring on blindly while a tsunami wiped out 150,000 earth beings.

Having said that, I do enjoy a good conspiracy (Yeah, sure a plane crashed into the Pentagon, left quite a tiny hole tbh)

Bart: OK, it's not _painfully_ clear the adults are _definitely_
    paving the way for an invasion by the saucer people.
    Milhouse: You fool! Can't you see it's a massive government conspiracy?
    Or have they gotten to you too?
    [he and Bart start wrestling]
    Lisa: Hey! Hey, hey, stop it! Stop it! Why are you guys jumping
    to such ridiculous conclusions? Haven't you ever heard of
    Occam's Razor? "The simplest explanation is probably the
    correct one."
    Bart: [condescending] So what's the simplest explanation?
    Lisa: I don't know. Maybe they're all reverse vampires and they
    have to get home before dark.
    Everyone: Aah! Reverse vampires! Reverse vampires!

AHHHHH REVERSE VAMPIRES, RUN FOR THE HILLS

/me gets stake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

If loads of UFOs were sighted before the tsunami, supposedly to warn us in some way, the fact that they didn't communicate it to us in some understandable way from their space craft might lend crediance to the theory that UFOs are not space craft at all but instead some sort of life-form - a bit like a giant SpaceWhale™ - and like animals, they could detect that something was wrong before we did, which is what drew their attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cregser wrote:
    They're seen in Mexico alot too. Anyway, they weren't warning us, they were warning the dolpnins - and it worked.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sorry, couldn't let an obvious HHGTTG moment go by unnoticed!

vibe666 wrote:
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sorry, couldn't let an obvious HHGTTG moment go by unnoticed!
    What next - "If you see someone form Thailand be sure to give them a big wave" jokes?

Bad taste and shame on you tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Do yourself a favour and stay away from tshirthell.com then.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    Do yourself a favour and stay away from tshirthell.com then.
    You mean things like this:

a314_001.jpg

Disgusting and vile tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

who came up wit that crap about seein a UFO over the area? dont believe it to be honest.
    Unless hovering over the middle of the ocean is the universal signal for "There is gonna be an underwater earthquake which will shift the plates and cause a massive tsunami which, if unprepared, will kill 160,000 innocent people and destroy towns and villages all over the area" which i dont think it is.

Spacewhales! Of course it all makes perfect sense...

Or they could be time travel tourists who go back in time to watch natural disasters. Until one of the them goes back and releases a crap movie about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Remember this from his series years ago about unexplained phenomenon. One episode was devoted to the phenomenon of ball-lightning - which has been observed over the centuries only a few dozen times. It is a plasmoid that lives only for a few seconds.

From the program I remember one theoretical source of this is tectonic activity.

This event was 9 on richter scale so can imagine hundreds could have been generated. Most just cutting a path through the miles of ocean - allowing a precious few to escape.

They would be highly visible points of light on their own trajectory, gradually being deflected by the Earths magnetic field. Only lasting 10s or so.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what people saw!

They would be highly visible points of light on their own trajectory, gradually being deflected by the Earths magnetic field. Only lasting 10s or so.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what people saw!
    I still think it's SpaceWhales™...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I thought we've plummed the depths of human stupidty, but then I've always been staggered by humanity's capacity to surprise me.

So I don't know what's worse that I'm surprised that I'm surprised, or I'm surprised that this thread existed.

OFDM wrote:
    You mean things like this:

a314_001.jpg

Disgusting and vile tbh...

yep, so obviously well worth you posting a link after you trawled the site finding something in sufficiently bad taste, well done.

as for my last post, someone quoted made an obvious reference to HHGTTG, so I replied. Nothing whatsoever to do directly with the tsunami, or the thousands who died there. as it happened a guy who I used to work with (who still works for my old man) was on his honeymoon and was up to his neck in water holding on to a branch for dear life on boxing day, so trust me my comment was nothing to do with taking the piss out of peoples suffering.

And while I'm at it, I'll be thinking about the couple who he got to know while he was there who taught him to snorkel in the three days before the tsunami who's funerals he's going to today.

vibe666 wrote:
    yep, so obviously well worth you posting a link after you trawled the site finding something in sufficiently bad taste, well done.

Have you seen the site? It is all in bad taste. The post before his was probably referring to the "I rode the Tsunami" t-shirt. Wasn't directed at you.

Hobbes wrote:
    Have you seen the site? It is all in bad taste. The post before his was probably referring to the "I rode the Tsunami" t-shirt. Wasn't directed at you.
    Exactly.

guess you shouldn't have quoted me in your reposnse then on page 2. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

mycroft wrote: »
    I thought we've plummed the depths of human stupidty, but then I've always been staggered by humanity's capacity to surprise me.

So I don't know what's worse that I'm surprised that I'm surprised, or I'm surprised that this thread existed.

Stupidity is having a closed mind.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/tsunami-lit-heavens

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Necro thread closed

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement