Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To those who matter :

• 16-07-1999 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I don't know how long this is going to be, neither do I know how short it is going to be.

Been thinking about this all day, how I was gonna say it, what I was going to say but at this stage I'm just going to spit it out.

I'm done with IRC.
    You won't see me there again.
    I have put up with so much abuse over the last year or so. Abuse, sexism ( what do you expect me to do?....stay there and take it?...been the only female among yee isn't all it's cracked up to be). I have listened to so much sh!t from some people, it's unreal.
    I can take a joke as well as anyone but what I cannot take is the constant put down of females by yee. I'm not getting all righteous here, it's just that some of yee don't respect women and it shows in yeer attitude towards me.
    I get ignored.
    I get no respect, not even any as a fellow quaker/gamer/person. (to those who always said I never played quake : I played, I laughed when yee spouted all that sh!t about me not playing when it was so obvious that I did play. Granted I didn't play much, mainly because I knew I was crap but I did play.)

Again, Ennis node has been k-lined off IRC. I'm sure yee all know how I feel about that, but what gets me is, after all the fuss and kicking I did last time, I still was not told about this. I don't care if yee bann it. What I do care about is not been told in advance so as I can do something without having to pay double for phone calls.
    That's one other reason I'm leaving. With Ennis banned, I can't afford to get a new account with another ISP ( not that any of them support my connect). I also cannot afford to pay for calls to Dublin.
    Especially on my connect.

I won't be attending any Lans that I would have been invited to.

To those people who I've met over the last year who've I've grown to consider friends:

DeV: Your the best man for the managerial position, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
    . Thanks a million Tom, I'm honoured to have known you and for all the help you've given me over the last year.

Vexorg: hehh, man your the best....always manage to crack me up with the slightest comment, I'll miss that sad.gif .....Thanks for the fun, the talks and tell Julia I'll see her at the hen party wink.gif...and I'll see you both at the wedding..Thanks for letting me and Cream crash all those times.

Carnate: Your the friend I never had smile.gif and I'll give you a buzz soon.

Reaper: smile.gif

Kharn: ROD!!! smile.gif

Gandalf: Woof!

Mindphuck: hehh mind that body sexy wink.gif
    Second horniest man I know smile.gif

Blade, Cloud, Slosh (F1 man smile.gif ), Shinji, Kindred, Jaden, Chief, Freak, Def, Draco, Dre, Grayson, Ed, Greenbean (BRO!), Helg, Phoebus, Judas, Bunny, Koopa, Chaos, Mikes, Coyote, Mickah, Zero (mind himself ok smile.gif), Jay, OL, Pox (there goes your supplier hun sad.gif ), Sickboy, Pacie, Suds, Tec(is there a H)no.

Thank you

Chrome's earlier post about quake/IRC ruining peoples lives: Demands on the person...How the person gets treated by the others.....and no one can tell you that you spend too much time at it/addicted whatever..It's your life...Live it how you want..as long as your happy, that's the ONLY thing that matters.

Guess you could say I'm not happy.
    I feel useless and unwanted and I don't stay where I'm not wanted.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to thank those who matter to me.

I'll see some of yee at the wedding, others I may never see again so from me :
    Have a good one and only do it if your happy!

If Seamus Malen can do it......So can I.
    and I'm not even Deputy First Minister smile.gif

Hobbes: I'm keeping that doll forever smile.gif Thanks smile.gif

I wish Team.ie the best of luck with all their matches (both foreign and domestic).

Good bye lads. :'(

[This message has been edited by adra (edited 16-07-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Awwwwww carol! Who am I gonna pour my poor ickle heart out to at 2 in the morning when I'm depressed now! sad.gif

Seriously though, you've been a really great friend over the past months that I've known you... I hope we're still on for that lunch sometime? smile.gif

I'm really sorry to see you go - I won't start going "please don't" even tho I wanna, cos I know you're well able to make decisions and I'm sure you know what you're doing. *sigh*... There was always that certain "je ne sais quois" in IRC when Adra was there...

Best of luck in whatever you do hun, and best wishes with the wedding...!

All the best,
    Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ah no "C", miss u already, wish u were here, can cream come out to play?

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Well what(wot) can(cin) i(eye) say? Sorry(soz) to(2) see(c) you(u) go and(an) that! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!)

Take her handy hon.
    (Seamus Mallon is my uncle btw)

Hope you give in to the wicked lures of irc again soon. Be cool be calm be carefull.

MARK LACHLAN CHRISTOPHER FREAK BRUTHER CULLEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Cya Adra, it has been a pleasure having you around etc.

I hope we all reliese that Adra, the only female in #quake.ie at the moment is gone.

We will need to find a replacement.

I recommend Shinji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

funnily enough,
    thres 2 girlies who hang out on irc.quake.ie #doozer who are nice enough. hmmm, wonder if theyre groupies. you know youre always welcome to our q2 gang smile.gif

on the other hand honey, we respect your decision and wish you luck. youre still the best lookin quaker i know smile.gif
    damn you cream... damn you to hell!

take care
    eamo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well here we go. We're always complaining theres not enough wimmen playin games online. One gets involved and the moron brigade come out in droves.

Adra your a lady and I'm going to miss you but your right if your not been respected leave the muppets behind. If you do decide to return I'll be delighted (plus if you could bring a few single nympho girlfriends that would be cooler wink.gif).

Next time your up in Dublin let us know we'll go pinting (or if creams not around....!!).

Gandalf.

(PS I hope this doesn't mean no vcd's smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

cya adra
    keep it real.
    or completly ****ed up.
    ur choice wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 16-07-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

the day the earth stood still.........;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Ngghhhh..... jah - so who's gonna listen to my drunken ramblings every Friday night eh ?? Or translate Dre's for that matter :p

Take care hunbun,

Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Cyu aders
    smile.gif--|--<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Rafter Adra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Adrastea=©=

sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

My name isnt on that list.......How very odd.......plus i dont think you were mistreated that badly on irc, i mean you got your ops back after abusing them didnt you?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Real class Damo.

Adra, I'm on holidays as and from now but I'll talk to you when were back from holliers. After all you said to me you've let the *******s get you down smile.gif

DeV.

Well at least i was right about the ops thing dev.......The following was on irc.iol.ie #quake, few minutes ago, i bought up the op abuse thing, she then said that she apologised for it (which she did) then this happened:

<damian> the only reason you said sorry was to get your ops back!
    <adrastea> no damo
    <adrastea> I never lost my ops
    <damian> oh so it was just a lie then
    <damian> but i know for a fact, that if someone like ste had ops and he kicked someone like vexorg in the fashion that you kicked me
    <damian> he would lose them straight away and NEVER get them back
    <adrastea> ah damo see the ops weren't on your side ever since that incident with dev
    <adrastea> and yes it was a lie
    <damian> hah
    <damian> its all out now eh
    <adrastea> I really don't give a ****
    <damian> what a crappy system
    <adrastea> nothing to do with me anymore

She kind of let the irc ops who gave her a second chance down there, wouldent you agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

damo.....i know ppl who love dancing on peoples graves..... tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

cya adarsedra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

damo altered that log

god I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire

Edited by DeVore on grounds of Libel.
    Message remains generally intact.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 17-07-99).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Presumably this is the line which most offends you Damo.
    <adrastea> ah damo see the ops weren't on your side ever since that incident with dev

People are human, they form opinions on the basis of the information they have collected about that person to date.

You have a real knack of saying things which rub people the wrong way. You know this and are unapologetic for it. Then you complain if people form what you view as a biased opinion of you.

What were you expecting?

Everyone starts off with 0 in the "plus" column and 0 in the "minus" column. From there you go up and down based on the interaction they have with you.
    For most people that interaction is in the form of text.

If the ops really didnt like you then I have only one thing to say: you own your own words.

One day it will sink in if I say it often enough.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rhob

"People are human" - gman Dev wink.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

People are human!!!! Are they really? (hypothetical question for the idiots among us)
    What really annoys me when I read Adras Au Revoir is not the many goodbyes but the complete lack of any idea on how to address the issue of dik heads on irc. I'm not the most frequent visitor to irc but I have a reason and a damn good one if you ask me. It's the twats who don't realise how careful you have to be when chatting. You can't relate sarcasm or humour on the irc. YOu tits (and you know who you are have got to learn, and learn fast how to talk to people with your keyboard (it's only fun for a while. I used to be a regular on irc and I just got fed up with the juvinality of it all. I ONLY go on irc now to contact the people I need to talk to (like Dev, Ed or Adra - where's my mention on your list smile.gif but I remain distant from the ********s as well as the decent people because I'm fu(king 28 years of age and it's not worth my time and effort to get to know the kids.
    I'd love to know many of the people I meet while playing quake but I'm not willing to go onto irc and take sh]te thakn you very much and so I don't. It amazes me that some of you kids thinks it's so funny to act the complete dik. I'll never understand it.
    To finish I'll just say the best of luck Carol and if you ever need anything just e-mail.Love to chat but ... it's been said.

M

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 17-07-99).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

OMG!! Muso is older than me and as old as Dev... grandads.... smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Adra - See you soon. We never really leave smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Cya hun, I'd be heartbroken if I thought it was a permanant good-bye, but we all know it isn't. You're a lifer, just like the rest of us. smile.gif

Hail To The king, Baby.

Jaden.

Adra, lets get this issue on me being a pervert straight: that was NOT me i repeat NOT me, i was nowhere near and had absolutely nothing to do with it, back me up here nicky, and yes i altered the log so everyone could see our conversation, that was what we said to each other,

Edited by Devore on grounds of libel. The message remains unaltered.

<snip>

Edited on grounds of libel.
    If there had BEEN a message I would have left it intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Damo with your last couple of posts you've proved what an immature sad little boy you are. I do not give a monkeys *****about what adra said about u and what u said about her. If you have a problem with her talk to her directly about it. Also if that above story is true why wasn't the "person" involved charged, well. If this is not true you could be charged with slander as you have named a person here.

All I have to go on is your behaviour in irc and adras (plus the times I've met adra in real life). again as I said before you come across as a said git on irc, you may not be in real life but on irc I find you mainly to be abusive and very aggresive.

Again I feel that we have a major loss in adra leaving and I hoep she decides to come back soon.

Now Damo do us all a favour and leave this be. If you have a problem with what I have said private me in IRC and we can discuss it.

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 17-07-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

*AHEM*
    this is a thread about adra leaving
    not about what a ***** dam0 is at the moment

anyway bye adra!! be good...and if u must misbehave, misbehave on your own smile.gif

• Advertisement

true sep, but who was it who called who a pervert first? and id hardly call me ***** after all im only defending myself against claims of being a pervert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

AWWWW what will happen to the REAL LIFE board sry to see you go you know your always welcome to irc.iol.ie #doozer
    sad.gif cya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

even non angels deserve a fair chance wink.giftongue.gifsmile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Tedious. Another post turned muppetous. *BIGF*CKIN'YAWN!*

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

my name not even mentioned...

thanks ALOT :]

Fair enough dev, but i just want to get it clear that what she said had nothing to do with me, it was infact a differant person

• Advertisement

Hey, what's wrong with being a pervert anyway?

Er... OK, stop looking at me like that.

Um.

I'll just get my coat, shall I?

Oh, and while I'm here....
    and yes i altered the log so everyone could see our conversation, that was what we said to each other

Am I being plain thick, or does that make NO sense at all?

plain thick, The log contained everyones chat from the channel, i cut out everyone elses chat so all that remained was my conversation with adra

Ahh, glad u cleared that up, there was me thinking you were being a complete tit.

Wouldn't do to have people thinking damo was a *complete* tit, now would it?

damn you rule shinji

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

!!

:/

:?

redface.gif

<:-o

smile.gif

=) ! =) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Only saw this now...who the fu(k am I gonna whinge to now?

Anyway best of luck for the future...hope you'll be happy smile.gif

hmmmmmm bunny :/..........=P.......no wait it isnt funny.........:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Just thought I'd just do a quick post to say that I'll miss you Adra.

Even though you didn't put me in your original post O_o

Kegs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Y didn't I see this before now? This is a sad loss!!! No more adra - it's like ROD!!! without a penis!!!!

C ya whenever hun!!!

BEHAVE!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

Advertisement