Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp games

Options
  • 30-12-2004 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭

im getting my self the psp and im wondering what psp games are the ones to look out for ridge racer looks very cool any more

and where the cheapest place to get them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Well its very very early days so dont expect a lot quite yet PSP comes out in March and thats when the other big titles will be released.

Im getting Need For Speed Rivals next (Feb17th) but there are a few other decent games out at the moment (theres a golf game, and an anime Fighter one).

One to watch is mercury which early opinion says will be brilliant, also Wipeout Pure - theyre both out in March too. Theres about 200 games scheduled for release so far but I havent gone through the list yet properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well its very very early days so dont expect a lot quite yet PSP comes out in March and thats when the other big titles will be released.

Im getting Need For Speed Rivals next (Feb17th) but there are a few other decent games out at the moment (theres a golf game, and an anime Fighter one).

One to watch is mercury which early opinion says will be brilliant, also Wipeout Pure - theyre both out in March too. Theres about 200 games scheduled for release so far but I havent gone through the list yet properly.

yeah mercury looks brilliant. Its releasing soon enough isnt it? I heard it went gold a few weeks ago

Yeah I heard it went gold too - but I still reckon it wont be out till March :(
    - have you seen the videos!!! :p sweeeeeet

I love certain types of 3d puzzle games - and I reckon this will be well addictive (and totally new) - hope they get that peripheral sorted tho...

It seems strange if its finished then why wont they release it soon, id of thought if its not being released till march that they would work on it for a while more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

They probably want it to coincide with US release or something like that? There's all kind of marketing reasons really. For example Microsoft tend to time big releases to when the highest quantity of X-Box Live users are up for renewal. And if the software is finished it's finished, tinkering and adding stuff in because you have more time is a surefire way to introduce bugs/ruin the balance etc. Developers are probably moving onto a new project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

right if you get the psp from japan will the psp be able be in english [hope ye get what i mean]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Death Jr., when it's out, looks set to be prreeeeeetty nifty.

Viewtiful Joe has been announced for it aswell.

Snoop - if I understand you correctly you're asking whether the Japanese PSP plays English games? Yes, it does. The PSP is region free for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Snoop - if I understand you correctly you're asking whether the Japanese PSP has an English language option? Yes, it does.

After loading, the psp asks you to choose between a japanese and english language option for the menus. Some games also have this option.

[nicK] wrote:
    Snoop - if I understand you correctly you're asking whether the Japanese PSP has an English language option? Yes, it does.

After loading, the psp asks you to choose between a japanese and english language option for the menus. Some games also have this option.

thanks nick and yawnstretch thats very helpful

• Advertisement

has any one played metal gear acid [is it only in japanese

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yep, Japanese only.

Actually I was watching some MGA videos on the PSP and although the game system is changed it actually looks kind of cool - that said it is in Japanese so there's no way - but I think I may have been a bit harsh on it.

Look up some videos - I think maybe they made it that way because you dont have two analogues? Anyway - I think Ill reserve Judgement till I've played it - but the 'card game' comments may hurt the sales of this game quite a bit. Pity - looks different and slightly good.

Personally I detest card games or traditional board game systems directly imported into videogames - and the only RPG I really enjoyed was FF7 so turn based play aint my cuppa cocoa, but we'll see.

lads what 2 games should i get with the only choice of these

1Ridge Racer

2.Chronicle " The Chaos Tower" .

3. Golf

4. Lumines "Puzzle game like Tetrus"

5. Metal Gear Acid

6. Puzzle Bubble

has any body played any of these games

snoopdog wrote:
    lads what 2 games should i get with the only choice of these

1Ridge Racer

2.Chronicle " The Chaos Tower" .

3. Golf

4. Lumines "Puzzle game like Tetrus"

5. Metal Gear Acid

6. Puzzle Bubble

has any body played any of these games

1. this is a must have game for psp.

2. ive ordered this yesterday., looks great, 2d street fighter type game,

3. I have this its great, some japanese menus but easy to understand, great graphics and lots to unlock. Great if you like golf games.

4. Ive also ordered this, its meant to be brilliant, hard to describe it.

5. too much japanese to understand the story, its a card based game, avoid .

6. avoid do not buy, meant to be rubbish.

If i was you Id get RR, and either Golf , Lumines or Choas tower

check out http://psp.ign.com theres previews of all those games plus videos and images

L5 wrote:
    1. this is a must have game for psp.

2. ive ordered this yesterday., looks great, 2d street fighter type game,

3. I have this its great, some japanese menus but easy to understand, great graphics and lots to unlock. Great if you like golf games.

4. Ive also ordered this, its meant to be brilliant, hard to describe it.

5. too much japanese to understand the story, its a card based game, avoid .

6. avoid do not buy, meant to be rubbish.

If i was you Id get RR, and either Golf , Lumines or Choas tower

check out http://psp.ign.com theres previews of all those games plus videos and images

exactly what i was thinking RR and choas tower

have you ordered yours yet? Where you getting it. ebay?
    I have mine since Dec 19th, Got RR with it, got golf 2 days ago and now getting Lumines and Chaos tower. Hope some more games come out soon !

Yeah - I'd stay away from importing MGA too it'd be impossible to play.

Ordered my 512MB card today! 89 euro from komplett :) w00t

i have the same card, it works great !if your going to put videos on it check out this link
    Was looking for a 1gig card but they just dont seem to be available anywhere yet

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404

Yeah - I'd stay away from importing MGA too it'd be impossible to play.

Ordered my 512MB card today! 89 euro from komplett :) w00t

ahh man im going to get me one of those 512mb cards sometime :D sweet

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link L5. Now all we need is a centralised PSP movie server :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i'm pretty sure you can get mga in english on ebay.

im pretty sure you cant !

;) im in !

how do you do that

is it easy

he was joking. Its easy to transfer films to your psp.

L5 wrote:
    he was joking. Its easy to transfer films to your psp.

:o:o

i cant wait for my psp

is 300 euro cheap enough for a psp at the moment? +1 free game +free shipping world wide

snoopdog wrote:
    :o:o

i cant wait for my psp

is 300 euro cheap enough for a psp at the moment? +1 free game +free shipping world wide

yeah 300 is a good price for that.
    Having said that prices should fall before the end of the week, Sony are announcing details of US release date tomorrow.

L5 wrote:
    yeah 300 is a good price for that.
    Having said that prices should fall before the end of the week, Sony are announcing details of US release date tomorrow.

i heard its feburary any truth in that

• Advertisement

could be, unlikely though, theyd probably of announced it before now. The word is march apparantly

Advertisement