Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have to finish my daddys war

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Israel does indeed have nuclear weapons and is also the only country in the world which has stated that it will use them to defend itself in the event of a future invasion/war.

All other countries at least profess (falsely in my opinion) that they would never launch first.

As for Dubya, he's now taken to stating that some religions e.g. Wiccan/earth religions are less 'useful' than others - so much for seperation of Church and State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

The only reasons the UK and the USA are so interested in Iraq are because;

a) Saddam is a known psychopath and could very well launch a few chemical warheads up their *******s.

b) He's sitting in a position of power very near to some oil rich countries; and he's already proved he's not afraid to try and take hold of the oil fields.

If they had never intervened; what do you think would be happening at this very moment? Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

as far as i know the increase in cancer isnt only in areas where saddam used chemical weapons....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

so sadamn has nukes?
    even he can distinguish between gassing a few kurds and iranians and mutually assured destruction,if he wanted to destroy isrealm he would of stuck chemical warheads on the scuds during the war,
    Sadamn is a gambler but even he knows when the deck is stacked against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Interesting topic on current news... took some time out and sat in front of the tv box and i happened to stumble on a tv programme on BBC2 called "Langan Behind the Lines", by a reporter called Sean Langan, last night's episode was called Saddams Show.

the whole time he was in Iraq, he had government people fallowing him as he went through the iraq.they told him that he was not allowed to talk to any "simple, naive" people (ordinary folk like you and me). this simply shows us the state of fear that the iraqi people are in at the moment thanks to Mr. President, saddam.

next episode is on the Israeli/Palestinian situation.

for more info check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/alert/spotlight/cou_0222_langa.shtml

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

i thought Isreal had always denied/remained silent about whether they had Nukes or not. I know they engaged in joint research with SA on the subject.
    I was wondering what evidence there was that Iraq had tested nuclear weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

*heheh..just found the Humanities board , Political Heaven*

To Adnans Nobodies saying Sadams a nice guy , but hes no worse than any other 3rd world dictator , the difference is between 3rd world despotism X and Iraq is that Despotism X doesnt have to worry about The Combined power of the western world bombing thier country on an Ad-hock basis "In the name of peace" the Iraqi people does and they bear the brunt .

To Yoss and all the others , Iraq nowhere near nuclear capacity,I mean NOWHERE , theyre . And any serious Chemical warfare capacity ,that was crippled in Desert storm . Just to put it in context , heres a quick question

How is the worlds largest holder of Chemical weapons

The USofA thats who...and you dont see the UN inspecting theyre Caches do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Belisarius:
    *heheh..just found the Humanities board , Political Heaven*</font>

same here, bless wink.gif

the only thing im sure of then is that:
    sadam = madyoke (and this is not a funny madyoke at all, this is the bad version.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The USofA thats who...and you dont see the UN inspecting theyre Caches do you?</font>

at least we can trust the US with those chemicals (to certain points, in moderation), but to trust a madman with a bunch of poisonous gasses and whathaveyounot is a different story altoghether.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Can we trust them ? When out of boredom they go on the International equivelent of good old fashioned american Deer Hunt against the nearest Country around
    Who are they of all people to go around telling Iraq what to do *Apart from being the only world superpower I mean ...Ethically speaking smile.gif*.
    Whats really gauling though is that they never finish things so we can commit them to the past and treat them as errors...they just leave em dangling. I mean ten years on and the Entire military Forces of the western world are still bombing the same Arab backwater . Id be happy if they finished Sadam off in the early 90s , whatever theyre reasons . At least then the real victims * The children...err Iraqi people smile.gif* would be able to get on with it

Time waits for No man ...except Bob MaClean the Sex Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">To Yoss and all the others , Iraq nowhere near nuclear capacity,I mean NOWHERE
    The USofA thats who...and you dont see the UN inspecting theyre Caches do you?</font>

How do you know ? South African scientists admitted selling highly enriched uranium to Iraq from a facility which they claimed never funtioned properly or to full productivity, but which turns out was running at full capacity for several years and producing a lot more uranium than they admitted. This was sold on the black market to countries like Iraq, Pakistan and probably whoever else had the necessary cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ordinarily i would say who the hell do the americans n britts think they are but in this case i think until the threat is passed they should continue they're campaign! eek.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Humphh, iveforgotten my opinion ffs!
    Oh wait it is this, the old maxim,"History is written by the victors most likely applies here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement