Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do men really want as a present?

Options
  • 08-12-2004 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

a clichéd question, but what would be the coolest pressie a guy could get? what do men really want in the line of xmas, 21st birthdays and general birthdays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

It will vary from bloke to bloke. For best results get thm something that they wouldn't get themselves. Things like flying lessons, one day rallying, that type of stuff. Fellas love it but seldom spend their own money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

it would probably be better suited to after hours as its not really a personal issue

but the awnser is sex

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, crazy stuff like flying lessons, or maybe a bungee jump [if they are brave enough] would be a good idea. Maybe a racing driving lesson [if they have a full licence] would be a good one actually. Most blokes will however settle for a condom and a promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

a clichéd question, but what would be the coolest pressie a guy could get?
    a threesome with 2 hot chicks...

i somehow doubt i'm the only one that believes this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Winters wrote:
    Yea, crazy stuff like flying lessons, or maybe a bungee jump
    Urgh, threading on thin ice there though... what if the person had a horrible accident while bunjee jumping and YOU were the one who bought the ticket! :eek:
    I just wouldn't feel right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

but the awnser is sex

Very true Derek. In the absence of that though, and with a slightly lower budget, DVD and CD stuff always goes down well. Ive been hinting for the Seinfeld box set for weeks now and if I get it, I will be extremely happy. So depending on budget, CD/DVD stuff or if you have the extra bit of cash, then as suggested, racing car lessons at Mondello, flying lessons etc.

Pete

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Just not clothes or aftershave/deodorant et al.

We need those things, so we buy them ourselves, albeit with better taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

Something that needs a power supply , in silver, a remote and has loads of buttons !!!

Can be anything once you stick to these guidlines and you can't fail to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

H.l.a. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I guess I'd like something I might not buy for myself. A rad DVD box set, flying lessons, diving lessons. As for the sex thing it's not really something I'd like instead of a pressie but my gf is really good to me in this regard for special occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,328 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please realise this question could be about Bright Smile's father / brother / uncle / etc.
    it would probably be better suited to after hours as its not really a personal issue
    Probably. Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

a good deep fisting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Tbh if its your gf buying it for you, chances are youre already getting sex most of the year anyway, so more sex for crimbo is gonna feel like a rip off.
    In a word, men want GADGETS. The shinier the better. Get something really cool like the new PSP (if theyre available on import, not sure bout that) or a nintendo DS. Failing that, DVD's games and booze ALWAYS go down well for me at christmas. So you can play your new games, then get drunk watching your new dvd's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sex.
    Lesbian sex.
    More sex.
    Actually blokes are really easy to buy for. We tell people what we want all year - we jsut get ignored. And personally, I have no objection to socks as a pressie. Socks, cd's, books, films, it's easy. If you're stuck, just ask "what's your favourite film/author/actor/director/band" and then look through the shelves for what he hasn't got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Yes it is all about the sex, if my better half got me a good whore for an hour, I simply couldn't be happier. Unless there was a case of beer too. Either way, your crappy aftershave is never going to give him what her really wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Slutmonkey speaks the truth, socks can actually be quite cool. Really, anything you buy us we will like as it will make our lives easier (in the case of socks, deoderant sets, etc. - the stuff I seem to get every year!) or better (DVDs, CDs, flying lessons, etc.). And if you're in any way close to the person then you can get away with even more 'cos even the most generic thing will have that "X gave this to me." appeal.

Win/Win really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

azezil wrote:
    a good deep fisting
    haha i knew someone had to say that...trust it to be you az

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

azezil wrote:
    a good deep fisting

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Gadgets! It has to be gadgets! The more buttons it has the better! You just cannot go wrong. If it also comes in 100's of parts, thats even better! Hours of time spent putting it together, just to realise you left the critical part out, and to put it back in, you have to take it ALL apart.

At that stage, it usually becomes an expensive paperweight :p

$||-><-||$ wrote:
    what everyone else said, but to be a bit more precise, save your money and bring your cuter younger sis around and put on a show

now you're talking slllanhnsank or whatever your name is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

$||-><-||$ wrote:
    what everyone else said, but to be a bit more precise, save your money and bring your cuter younger sis around and put on a show

i was about to say the exact same thing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

A lovely woolly jumper.

Alternatively, an in-car GPS system - months of fun as they shout at it and disagree with its instructions and abuse it from a height.

Or gadgets - don't have to be expensive, just cool. For instance, the SoundBug is fun - it's a mouse-sized yoke that you stick on a window or table or any flat surface, and it turns the surfact into a speaker.

A binary watch, so they can really show off by telling the time in binary. Very alpha geek, and truly silly.

Oh, wait, I want all of these things too. And the woolly jumper should be hand-knitted by the loving hands of the giver, and have lots of cables or Fair Isle patterning.

luckat wrote:
    A lovely woolly jumper.

Alternatively, an in-car GPS system - months of fun as they shout at it and disagree with its instructions and abuse it from a height.

Or gadgets - don't have to be expensive, just cool. For instance, the SoundBug is fun - it's a mouse-sized yoke that you stick on a window or table or any flat surface, and it turns the surfact into a speaker.

A binary watch, so they can really show off by telling the time in binary. Very alpha geek, and truly silly.

Oh, wait, I want all of these things too. And the woolly jumper should be hand-knitted by the loving hands of the giver, and have lots of cables or Fair Isle patterning.
    nah you're just gay,all we (and I speak on behalf or all straight men) want is a big pair of boobies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

im getting the vibe so that a cd player for a car isnt a bad idea?! ye are massive on the advice stakes lads, fair juice to ye!!!! remember now the car isnt actually his but hes the only one using it...tell me gud boys :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

ED-209 wrote:
    Something that needs a power supply , in silver, a remote and has loads of buttons !!!

Can be anything once you stick to these guidlines and you can't fail to impress.
    Someone wants a vibrator for christmas?

im getting the vibe so that a cd player for a car isnt a bad idea?! ye are massive on the advice stakes lads, fair juice to ye!!!! remember now the car isnt actually his but hes the only one using it...tell me gud boys :confused:

listen honey, you get yourself into annie summers and get yourself some nice frilly nickers and you dance like you've never danced before...thats better than most cd players (unless you're in bits)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Good:
    Gadgets.
    You, your hot female friend and some body chocolate.

Bad:
    Socks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,328 ✭✭✭✭Victor

luckat wrote:
    Or one of the old style analogue ones.....

Ivan wrote:
    Someone wants a vibrator for christmas?

bahahahahaha god I choked on my sandwitch laughing!

• Advertisement

back to the topic, actually many men like a good eau de cologne, "Kenzo Refane" smells really nice! it would make a good present

Advertisement