Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie?

Options
  • 06-12-2004 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what the position is with ordwering abercrombie stuff from their website?it says they dont deliver but ive heard rumours that you can get stuff.thanks for any help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know a guy who's gonna try and order form them, I'll tell you how he gets on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

*apparently* whatever you order costs an extra $200 or something because they deliver with FedEx which is super expensive.

apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

hmmmmm,that might be a bit of a stumbling block alright.thanks for the help tho.would love to be able to get some of the stuff *crave*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Theres quite a lot of Abercrombie clothing on Ebay. If thats any use to you.

might have a look.cheers mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Abercrombie do ship to Ireland, but watch out for getting screwed over at customs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 moejodo

Not sure if you can order on their website but you can get heaps of Abercrombie stuff on Ebay. Helps if you already have some stuff from the store so you know your size

yea thats a problem too.ill check other stuff for sizes.might try ebay, ive never used it before but its so popular i presume its strsaightforward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

My daughter got some stuff for abercrombie earlier this year.. not sure how much the stuff was.. under 200 anyway.. then about 2 weeks later she got a bill of 75 euro from fedex. I twas a bit of a surprised cos it was not mentioned when ordering. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

They do deliver to Ireland, and until recently charged $25 dollars for the shipping. This has increased in the past month or so to a punitive $100 dollars.

You will also get a bill in the post for the VAT and import taxes which the shipping company pays on your behalf. This will work out as approximately another 40% on top of your order total, including shipping.

And Gubby it does warn you, there is a pop-up that says something along the lines of 'I acknowledge that import taxes are not included in my order' or similar, and you have to click 'ok' to continue.

• Advertisement

think ill just give it a miss after this.thats way too expensive.i wish there were abercrombie and gap shops over here.its so annoying.thanks for the ideas anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

go to www.dress-for-less.com you could be lucky...

they only have one hoodie and it goes to medium only, what the **** is that all about?i got a phone number that you can contact abercrombie through and apparently you can order directly from it.i was also told that delivery is only $25 now and the customs is max. 10% of your total order.the phone number is on the contact section of the website. www.abercrombie.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 humdrum

The customs fee might be quoted as 10% but ontop of that youve to pay VAT and 'handling' charges from fedex, it works out to around €40 per $120 order (plus $50 delivery).

Nothing more pleasant than getting a bill for 100e from fedex two months after your package arrived :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i thought there was an abercrombie in arnotts.... or so ive been told!?

I doubt it, they may have some very old stock but as far as I know abercrombie have a policy of not letting other retailers carrying their clothes..which is why bt2 / arnotts etc dont have them...which is good cause it keeps the clothes from becoming more widespread, makes them cooler !

oh right ok!
    but sure abercrombie is kinda widespread though.... tonnes of ppl have hoodies?

Barely anyone outside of ucd/trinity has abercrombie stuff, youd very rarely see anyone on grafton st with them. Its just belfield is in general trendier and better dressed than the rest of ireland, at least the arts/commerce/law blocks of it :P

Well anyone I've ever seen has actually been in Grafton St or on campus in Trinity. How is UCD necessarily trendier than TCD....?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

TCD is full of intellectuals...which means they're ugly and dress poorly but thats not the issue.
    A lot of people in college will have them from buying them while on J1s in America or a holiday.

• Advertisement

My friend just bought a ship load of Abercrombie clothes from there site.. just last week.. got it all on monday! :D:D:D Love the stuff! ;)

Enjoy your bill in a few weeks from fedex.

Sangre wrote:
    TCD is full of intellectuals...which means they're ugly and dress poorly but thats not the issue.
    A lot of people in college will have them from buying them while on J1s in America or a holiday.

What are you talking about.. You've made some ridiculous generalizations there. Get the Boat!

Getting wildly offtopic, anyway - I spent every lunch for two years on grafton st and barely ever saw anyone wear abercrombie...in the arts block every second person has their stuff on. I didnt mean UCD was trendier that trinity (though it is!) as much as the rest of Ireland, largest gathering of by and large middle to upper class 18-24 year olds in the country = good fashion sense and money to spend on it, by and large! also since you post on the ucd board I presumed you went to it

Shrimp just wait untill you get the fedex bill boat...hohoho

Well... why'd I get a fedex bill?

humdrum wrote:
    also since you post on the ucd board I presumed you went to it
    No I go to trinity, if you were talking to me? And whyd you spend so much time on grafton st, were you working?
    Sangre wrote:
    No its not the issue, cos its not true?

Chick wrote:
    No its not the issue, cos its not true?

Since you brought it up I'll answer it. Yes, yes it is but stop bringing us off topic.

Oh shrimp, when you order off the site its shipped to Ireland. Fedex pay customs AND vat on the products and send you a bill for it in a week or two. It will be roughly 25% of your total purchase...more probably.

How am I bringing you off topic, if you brought it up first eh?
    You've absolutely no basis for that anyways :rolleyes:

Shrimp did you not notice when you order stuff online youv to click to say u understand about shipping charges... and Fed Ex is a bitch when it comes to Europe

hmmmm, im still deliberating whether or not to take the plunge and order some stuff.i really dont fancy getting hit with a whopper fedex bill months after the clothes arriving.what a pickle!

• Advertisement

Buy it on eBay instead!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement