Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers date and venue discussion

Options
  • 22-10-2004 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭

Has there ever been a boards beers in limerick, i read alot about the ones in dublin and so forth but tbh thats all a bit far to go for a few drinks.

Would it be an idea to try to arrange one here?

Which date would be best suited to everyone 9 votes

Saturday January 8th
    0%
    Saturday January 15th
    22%
    Pauljlimerickcalling 2 votes
    Saturday January 22nd
    0%
    Saturday January 29th
    33%
    billy the squidsavemejebusedson 3 votes
    Saturday February 5th
    44%
    billy the squidEKRIUQravenheaddave24 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Saturday February 5th
    yeah i posted an interest check in the events forum I havent checked yet but I would be up for it

excuse any typos im langers.

and in love

Saturday February 5th
    actually i might sticky this and see if there are any one interested

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm out of the country for a good chunk of the month, but if I'm around, count me in!

Saturday February 5th
    Well I was thinking something either in december or the new year. I'm trying to keep a few bob aside for the big boards event and then there are work christmas parties going on in december.

I cannot see it being too big though might be a couple of pints somewhere there is a good band on.

And it wouldnt be limited to people from Limerick, something for those that would not be able to go to Galway or Cork or Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool... sounds like a plan!

(And the band is a good idea.. if you're all a shower of ****, at least I have music to listen to!**) :):):):)

** Joke !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

y not, count me in

Saturday February 5th
    that makes for of us :)) there have to be more limerick people on boards. I already put a thread in the events, would it be an idea to put something in the mid-west forum

Might do it later right now im late for work ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Love to meet new ppl in limerick count me in

Saturday February 5th
    Nice one

I have some takers in the Mid-West forum already so what I was thinking, there is a thread in the events forum, we could hammer out a suitible date for everyone, (i think that is how it works) that way everyone wouldnt have to read numerous threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2040892&posted=1#post2040892

this is the thread I think we can get together and arrange a date/venue.

I also feel that the entire mid-west could be included in this. I'm not expecting 150 people to show up but it would be nice if it didn't end up as two fellas sittin at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Saturday January 29th
    cool, sounds like an idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

is there any women....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Saturday February 5th
    is there any women....

Yeah if there was a few more girls going I'd be interested, Don't want to be the only one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Saturday January 15th
    count me in too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

ravenhead wrote:
    Yeah if there was a few more girls going I'd be interested, Don't want to be the only one!!!

another girl interested

Saturday February 5th
    So does anyone have any objections to January, If you would prefer December (although it is a bit soon ) I guess there could be something done.

Saturday January 29th
    january sounds good, it might be an idea to have it late in the month, to allow people and their wallets to recover from xmas

Saturday February 5th
    yeah I was thinking the same thing

so anyone got an idea for a venue, and a final date?

at most there is going to be about 10 of us there so it wont be too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

January sounds good. Not fussy about the venue.

Saturday January 29th
    I'm not too fussy about the venue either, but i think it should be somewhere that doesn't have music blaring so loud that you can't hear yourself think. Not much point of a boards beers if we can't hear our inane and or inarticulate ramblings

Saturday February 5th
    OK added a poll, so you can just check the dates you could make it.

Also anyone got any ideas of a venue that would suit everyone?

• Advertisement

Saturday February 5th
    actually will merge these threads beers threads.

if anyone wants to discuss a possible venue then we can do so while the poll is running on what date to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

If im around ill pop in :)

Saturday February 5th
    any suggestions for a venue? have never organised one of these before so I have no idea what kind of places people would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Saturday February 5th
    I don't know Limerick too well, somewhere cental would be good.

Saturday February 5th
    any suggestions TIPPTOP, have you been to any bars in Limerick, ones that you know would be easy enough for people outside the city to find.

Iwas thinking about smyths as they sometimes have live acts and the nightclub upstairs, It is also easy to get to if you know where cruises street is it is visible from the the back of that.

if you are travelling by bus to Limerick there is a cab rank directly outside the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sheol

hey..board meet-up! that sounds like a good idea!! :)
    am i allowed to come along..even tho newbie?? ;)

what about costelloes?? cozy pub downstairs and nightclub upstairs...some might say it's dodgy but the music is decent and i kinda like it...

Saturday February 5th
    sure newbies can come.

the pol is now closed and the majority have spoken, its looking like 29th of January. all we need now is a venue

so the two put forward are as folows

smyths bar
    Costelloes.

havent been in costelloes for a very long time btw,

so any other suggestions for a venue to hold this I guess we could hammer this one out before the 6th January so as to post an events notice with ample time before hand.

if you are making a suggestion please remember that it should be in a central location so as to facilitate those who are not too familiar with the city, and somewhere that you think everyone will be comfortable in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sheol

29th of january?? darn! am not in town...or even the country that day...ah well...another time maybe..have fun lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Bummer! Will also be out of the country on the 29th....maybe next time lads...

• Advertisement

Saturday February 5th
    can I get a list of names for the 29th

and those that cannot attend on that date can you suggest alternative3 dates.

am also seeking your views on a venue

edit

actually was just thinking about the tsunami benefit that was mentioned in another thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=213729

what would others think of meeting up at this and helping a good cause also?

Advertisement