Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SA vs Ireland First Test 2024 - The World Champions vs The Best Team in the World

• 06-07-2024 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

(yes, the thread title is a joke)

After the weirdest, longest build-up to a summer test that I can ever remember, it's finally game day.

I think SA will have too much for us here, a very strong team and our absentees are pretty pivotal. I think both Leinster and Munster looked very flat finishing the season and I would worry that the game could get away from us in the final quarter.

But there's plenty of interest outside the result - Craig Casey finally gets his shot at the big time and Jamie Osborne does likewise, even if he took a shorter route to get here. It's also a huge day for Crowley, the biggest test so far of his credentials as a real successor to Sexton. Win or lose, we're going to learn a lot.

Just as interesting is the presence of Ringrose on the bench, when he's been a fixture since Farrell took over, leaving Henshaw and Aki to fight over the 12 jersey. Maybe this means we want Henshaw's bigger presence in the 13 channel, expecting a very physical game.

Expect a LOT of kicking of contestables from South Africa, they'll be looking to get Kolbe and Arendse into the air at every opportunity, and the Bulls had a lot of success at kicking behind the back three against Leinster, so le Roux might fancy another go at this today.

Hopefully all the Boks bullsh1t is behind us and we can just get on with the match. Looking forward to it.

Post edited by Podge_irl on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement