Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options
  • 24-05-2024 6:43pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New thread for all your trivial annoyances.
    See Mod Note below.

As you have probably noticed some of the long running threads are not updating, at present. So this is a workaround.

Old thread here

Mod Note - If your post relates to more serious things whether current affairs, politics or suchlike, please take it to the appropriate forum. This thread is for TRIVIAL ANNOYANCES.

Thanks

Hilda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Thanks Hilda. 😁

I'm TAed I won't get to see the last post in the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being in bad humour on a Friday.

Also, friendly tip, gang: don't chop stuff while pissed off. I genuinely just came extremely close to losing the tip of a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭standardg60

Trivial being spelled correctly 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 25,107 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the change from…

“ things that trivially annoy you “…

to..

“ trivial things that annoy you “

Was it deliberate ? 😛

It’s fairly trivial and it’s annoyed me, either way 🤑

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA - I'm too comfortable to move but trying to convince myself to go out for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭standardg60

Especially when Hilda was specifically reminded to spell it wrong in the Help Desk thread!

What's worse, in doing so the mod typed 'mis spell' with a gap which trivyally annoyed me.

FFS it's either miss spell or misspell!

I'm TA that the 'you' in the title was never misspelt as 'ewe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

My frog cake smells like mouldy cauliflower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Get distracted waiting for Top of the Pops to start and getting surprised when the silence is broken by the BBC4 bird tweet as it starts transmission..

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA - Some companies make it so hard to deal with them. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've started sighing a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Kingslayer

Annoyed that there wasn't a link in the old thread to this one. Also annoyed by silent chip and pin machines. When I dont hear the beep I end up pressing the first digit twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Here's one I prepared earlier! This one is a bit deformed but you can get the idea. Normally very nice, not so much when there's a smell of rotten vegetables off them 😂

Mod - There is a link, but as the old thread is not updating, it's not visible at present. There is nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

The incessant request to accept cookies oh and living in an estate listening to dogs barking before 7am on weekend mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Kingslayer

Nice try. Thought ypu gave me the slip there didnt you? lol

People reading broadsheet newspapers on planes. The three men in the row in front of me on a Ryanair flight earlier were trying to read the Irish Times. The jostling for space was actually comical.

Speaking of jostling for space, encroaching manspreaders can FRO. The guy beside me had his knee fully in my seat space. And the fcuker was shorter than me 😡😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just marking this so I don’t keep going to the closed thread , which is a TA

Didn't get enough sleep, even caffeine isn't working to clear my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Tradesmen shouting at me "do you want your gutters done / grass cut etc" while I am outside my house talking to somebody on my phone. And then not taking no for an answer. So I have to resort to the usual "If I want anything done, I'll come to you. No need to f*cking harass people."

And the chances saying they are in the area and will give you a discount if you get them to clean your driveway.

They keep trying to insist that they'll do a small patch as a free demonstration, you have to be very insistent to get them to eff off if you make the mistake of opening the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When people with a shít ton of shopping ignore you at the queue for the till and you only having only a handful of items.

Yes, and they are always doing work [vague wave of hand] for your neighbour around the corner. Riiiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,107 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The rugby referee Matthew Carley, trying to weasel his way out of awarding a red card to a Toulouse player….. the note of disappointment in his voice and demeanour when the TMO disagrees is quite clear, he gave clear deliberate and insistent reasons for a red leaving no room for Carley to weasel out of it. He was poor all round though.. not just that call.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Britains got talent . It’s a good show for showcasing alot of talent . But the camera shots of judges and the audience mouth agape with faux shock is tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The English pronunciation of room as more like rum / ruhm.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Advertisement