Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight alignment for NCT

Options
  • 21-05-2024 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭

Hey, any recommendations on where to get headlights aligned for NCT within roughly a 5km radius of Red Cow roundabount in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is the tyre centre still there at the back of the red cow? They used do it along with wheel tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭User1998

Any mechanic. Just search mechanic on Google Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

You can do it yourself up against a white wall at night. My 17 year old car failed the NCT last year on headlight alignment despite never having adjusted them over the years. Tester advised the left headlight was pointing a little too much towards the ditch which was confirmed via the white wall at night. Adjusted it back more in line with the driver's side headlight and all good on the re-test

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

+1 on this. As for vertical alignment, same process, but you need to check for the settings for your car. Basically you have the car close to the wall (about half a metre), mark the centre of the headlight beam on the wall, move the car back a set distance and adjust until they're a set distance below the mark you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭frank730

redpower motor sports on longmile road, got mine done last week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Whocare

Why the banana 🍌 would anyone go trying to A line the headlights yourself garage/tyre place only charge €10/20 for my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Might just be **** on the lens.

Failed two months ago on a misaligned headlight. Wasn't able to get it back in time for the NCT for [i]reasons[/i]. On a whim I polished the yellow oxide off the lens and it was now fine.

On the other hand, the tester punched 4 holes in the chassis that weren't there two months ago —- somehow.

Advertisement