Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you study for a leaving certificate paper and do the exam as an adult?

Options
  • 20-05-2024 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi there,

Odd question however I am dedicated to life long learning. I've already done the Leaving Cert back in the day, however just for the sake of keeping my brain going and learning new stuff, I never did the History paper for LC in school and would be interested in taking the Leaving Certificate Honours paper or indeed any other papers on the curriculum as a mature/adult learner. Can this be done?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

So does it mean you would be able to study just one particular subject for a couple of years? I'd be interested to do that too, in History. Where could you do this study? I have a terrible feeling I'd have to do the full curriculum of subjects, which I couldn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don’t know but I’d doubt it . You’re not looking to do the full leaving cert , just History . Go to your local school and get copy of the current book and maybe a copy of past exams ( available in shops or Folens .ie . If you’re only looking for History , I’m sure 1 years study would do . Best advice is to speak to your local secondary school . Good luck

Post edited by cj maxx on

Advertisement