Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Leave - mandatory 2 week block

Options
  • 16-05-2024 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Recently my employer has changed our Annual Leave policy to include a section that a 2 week block is mandatory - this causes alot of stress for some of the team re kids / summer holidays and flexibility. I am aware that it is recommended to take a 2 week break (which I fully agree with) but I would be of a view it is up to staff how they take leave - can any advise?

I am aware of the below extract from the Working Time Act:

(3) The annual leave of an employee who works 8 or more months in a leave year shall, subject to the provisions of any employment regulation order, registered employment agreement, collective agreement or any agreement between the employee and his or her employer, include an unbroken period of 2 weeks.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement