Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 16-05-2024 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭

Likely Bruno to Saka/Havertz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Seven points off the top 10k with 1ft. Bruno/Son to an Arsenal mid seems like the most obvious option. Tempted to go for a differential like Olise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

For once, I'm going to bank the FT....team is well set to attack the GW

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭_H80_GHT

Thinking the same. Start next season off with 2FT.

Yep....you have to look at the big picture.... FPL is marathon not a sprint.

I'm planning to bank for the first 5 weeks of next week season and then have a mini free wildcard around the international break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭COH

Personally I'm going to start playing in gameweek 5 when the good players are apparant then probably go on to win it with my superteam.

Basically insider trading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Use it to move out Reece James in a pre-planned move

Lads - is Son to Salah in any way a viable move?

Both of them are out of form but surely Salah at home to Wolves in Klopps last game is a surer thing (?)

It's either that or Elliot in for Garnacho and play 3-5-2.

I have a feeling Liverpool might let loose on Sunday so some coverage needed imho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I was looking at Saka → Salah © alright.

Have to captain Salah in Klopp's last game and Salah's last game at Anfield (……this season!)

Going against Haaland Captain could have massive upside / diabolical consequences 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea and those say in the top xk will look back and say - why did i take such a stupid risk, or i'm glad i took that… i.e. results based thinking is very high

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Leader in my main money league is 21pts ahead of me. Is it realistically catchable? My only real differential is KDB, who could be injured. I'd love to bring in Salah and captain him but it'd mean a -4 and makes it even more difficult to catch. I'm wondering if I should even bother going ultra differential (i.e. don't captain Haaaland), cause if it backfires then it's a sh*t way to end the season and ruin my OR (73k, not great, but nice to make some gains). What's the best play? Is it really catchable? My gut instinct says no.

Its catchable and if he doesn't have Salah I'd bring him and captain him. Nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye post your team and we can advise, but Salah C seems like one of the few differtials who could get that or Palmer C could be an option

My team:

Petrovic - Vicario

Gusto - Branthwaite - Gabriel - Porro - Burn

KDB - Foden - Son - Palmer - Gordon

Joao Pedro - Haaland - Isak

His team:

Onana - Vicario

Cucurella - Gvardiol - Gabriel - Porro - Burn

Bruno - Foden - Son - Palmer - Gordon

Jackson - Haaland - Isak

Bold are the different players we have. I imagine he'll do Bruno to Arsenal mid.

I can bring in Salah for KDB/Foden for a -4. But that'd leave me 25pts behind then.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m 35 points behind and thinking of taking a -4 which makes it even more impossible but my plan is Salah, Havertz and Olise in, captain Palmer which gives me 4 players that could make a big difference potentially. I have Reguilon and Gusto different to him so with a quiet day for Haaland and a typical crazy last day, you’d never know.

I’m getting rid of Gordon and Barnes (don’t ask) but have to decide whether to get rid of Foden or Son?!

Luton vs Fulham could have loads of goals. I wonder which budget striker will do better - Muniz or Morris? I fancy Muniz to do better but Morris is on pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye if chasing 20 points you dont have any differential to give you that, salah seems thebest option and go c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭macraignil

Seen a rumour that Gordon is not after traveling with the Newcastle squad so may be out of the game tomorrow after been flagged as a potential doubt for the game. Was going to take a punt on Mateta in for Solanke but if Gordon is still believed to be out in the morning I might just swap him out for Olise and have Solanke as a better first sub than a non playing Gordon.

Edit: post I saw deleted now so not so sure what to do.

Post edited by macraignil on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭COH

Chasing a 12 point gap - we have quite a few similar players and assuming he will captain Haaland.

Players we both have : Haaland, Foden, Son, Palmer, Gabriel , Isak.

That leaves it currently (my vs his)

Petrovic V Onana

Porro V Saliba

Gvardiol V Cucurella

Havertz V KDB

Jackson V Mateta

We both only have 1FT and the original plan was Son > Saka as he transferred Saka out last week.

I'd love to get Salah in and captain him as a nice final gameweek differential but would mean getting rid of Son and probably either Isak or Foden for a hit.

Could alternatively bench Gabriel for Romero (sounds awful even just typing that) bench Isak and play 352 with Olise in for Gordon.

Being desperately hungover doesnt help but at least I resisted the urge to take a drunken -16 lol

Anyone any ideas here?

• Advertisement

That Gordon doubt rumour also put me thinking of an alternative idea. Both of these are for -4

1)

Saka Palmer Foden (C) Son Olise

Haaland Gakpo

(Bench Isak)

2) Palmer Foden Son Salah (C)

Haaland Mateta Solanke

(Bench Gordon)

I'm leaving towards 1 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Med101007

Is this true? If you bank the FT for this GW do you have 2 FT’s in GW 2 next season??

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭_H80_GHT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any reason for Olise over Eze?

Option 1 looks better on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭cullenswood

KDB or Salah, KDB or Salah,KDB or Salah?

Chasing 18 points, opponent has neither of them (for now).

We both have Haaland

I owned Eze for Palace's recent run, and even captained him one week which was great. Sold him then and he returned but around that time Olise got a few returns so it's partly because of that and partly because I want to own someone knew I haven't owned before!

Also Digne has been roasted in recent weeks and Olise will be on that side. Villa were on the piss mid week so want to target that game if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Original plan was Bruno to Saka/Havertz but likely to do Gordon to Olise now and bench Isak.

Rumours no Bowen or Gordon.

• Advertisement

If it was up to me, Bruno's fitness issues and wanting to be fit for the cup final combined with Spurs needing to win, I'd keep Son.

I'd also Olise myself but you've got more to play for at your rank so EO might come into it

Advertisement