Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be using this forum next season?

Options
  • 16-05-2024 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

With the season ending in ~72 hours I was just curious as to whether or not you think you'll be using FSA next season?

This forum is the only reason I visit boards at all anymore tbh. I like it here but I'm a nostalgic fecker.

Obviously traffic is way down across the site in general since the 'upgrade' - very few regular posters left here it seems too outside of the few familiar names. Sad to see really as the functionality is for the most part unchanged from what it always was but a sign of the times I suppose.

Would be great to see it continue (and maybe even bounce back a bit?) but I wonder if a more definitive committment to posting from everyone might help?

Probably wishful thinking - but its either here or reddit anyway - and I hate reddit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will keep using as cant stand Reddit either but would be great to increase usage and bring back the price changes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ll continue to use, but use the discord more and this place a little less (more for the leagues within it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Pretty much use it to check money league updates (so haven’t needed it much since about GW6 😂). Much more engaged on the discord these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Definitely and I'll try to the price changes a bit more often

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not sure I'll even play FPL next season, but if I do I'll definitely be back here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭macraignil

Yes will be around here next season. Not worth reading what most of the FPL users on reddit have to say in my opinion and most posters here actually have a sense of humour in contrast with the majority on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yes but peobably not committing to any more posting, nie resource to get ideas and bounce ideas off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dipped my toe in Reddit this season and it's a cesspit in terms of FPL....seems to be full of angry young fellas offering bad takes on literally everything.

Whereas Boards seems to be generally populated by mellow auld lads 😂

I'll be here next season for sure 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Yes,be back next season.Not spending as much time deliberating about the game this year,but voted in captain polls and Transfer thread be's interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Used to be in-and-out a bit but over the last year or see almost nowhere to have general FPL discussion since Twitter went to the dogs completely. I logged into the discord about 2 years ago but wasn't much happening - is that where everyone went?? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ll stick my nose in but the matchday thread back and forths just aren’t there anymore. Some GWs you can count on one hand the amount of posts.

Plus the social media algorithms have found me some fantastic FPL podcasters, tiktokers and Tweeters.

Some of their content is unbelievable in terms of keeping ahead of the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it worth merging the transfer & matchday threads into just one GW thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Yes will be back next year and will try post more also

Open to ideas or suggestions to improve it, and maybe some more leagues

Love transfers, match day and LMS. Used to love the price rises thread but know takes a lot to keep it going. Maybe we could sponsor best price rise update during the year or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

do you think the pricing thread die a death due to money not being an issue this season with so many cheap options performing - like how many times in the second half of the season where focusing on a price rise? Hopefully next season it’s a little harder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'll be around, throwing up the odd captaincy poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I've found myself not spending much time on boards for a number of reasons in recent months so it'll probably be more of the same next season.

It's a good community here and would be a real pity to lose it in its entirety. Always found pre season is where the forum is more engaged with people posting nuggets of information, players priced wrongly, rate my teams, etc. and general excitement (addiction) ahead of a new season.

Reddit is a cesspit as is Twitter outside of decent content creators so there's nowhere else really to go tbh. At least here, there is a general good buzz about the place given we're majority living in Ireland or Irish and will be quick to call out bullshít. (the soccer forum could learn a thing or two)

I'll aim to post more if it means we can keep up a more vibrant, engaged forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I like the idea of just one thread per GW, transfers and GW thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

used to be great craic here back back in the day, haven’t looked in in a few years and I’ve kinda quit on FPL in favour of NFL stuff, this is where it all started for me, hope all my old muckers are keeping well, and my old nemesis’s also 😀

**** Aaron Ramsey 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm still playing, although I feel somewhat of a casual these days! I follow the forum pretty regularly still but just don't feel like I have anything to constructively add? Maybe I'll post more going forwards, I always feel like I should, and yet in a way I'm glad I'm not as obsessed with the game anymore either. Enjoying a weekend of football without feeling enraged - aside from Manchester United of course - is a pleasant thing I never thought I'd get back 😅

The good ol days 10+ years ago will always be a fond memory, even if getting the band back together seems unlikely! I'd love to see the place spark back into life but that infamous update a couple of years ago had such a disastrous effect!

I got a good laugh at seeing Patrick Van Aanholt pop up as a holding midfielder for PSV in the Champions League earlier in the season too.

Finished 91k this year which is better than I have in quite a few, and nice to see a few familiar faces pop up in here! If I knew how gifs worked these days I'd be lining up the Love Train for boarding for old time sake 😂

(Yes I feel like an old man now)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

You could post a weekly 'Prodston Punt' on Boards...fame and fortune as a world famous FPL influencer would surely follow 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yeah, I'll definitely be back but it's such a shame that the boards upgrade killed this place. The hype and excitement on here was unreal and great craic. From posting transfers threads one minute after a GW has commenced, to them being sometimes completely forgotten about now. Hopefully a mini resurgence can happen. Reddit is decent enough but there's so many wild takes on there, it's hard to know who to take seriously. That's what I love about boards. I've given up on social media "experts" too. The only two I listen to now is Andy on Lets talk fpl, and sometimes Bakar.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

Definitely will

Advertisement