Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a grant for housing Dublin

Options
  • 14-05-2024 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm looking for not the most expensive items fridge,electric stove,bed, wood flooring, washing machine etc that I want delivered and and installed i was not sure where to post this.

It was recommended to me by Dublin City Council employee DIY, Bargaintown, and maybe Harvey Norman.Apologies but hopefully you can give me some opinions. I know the first two places will deliver and connect everything for free. Thanks. Apologies if its wro g section to post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭con747

A lot of what you need can be picked up on Donedeal or similar sales websites and pay a handyman to fit the appliances if you can't. The likes of Harvey Norman are not cheap! Buy second hand bed frames and new mattresses. Plenty of places sell off wood flooring so check out a few before paying full price. One thing to always do is Haggle! Never just pay asking price without asking for a discount.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭thereiver

Ikea has beds furniture at a cheap price look on the website powercity has a website good prices on fridges and cookers obviously you can buy anything cheap on adverts ie buts it's secondhand and you ll have to hire a van there charity shops that sell furniture I'm the city centre

You might need a plumber to install a washing machine as it needs water pipe connection in and out

Some kitchens have connecters installed ready for a washing machine

Buy 2 or 3 items in one shop maybe be get a discount and free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Currys own brand is decent and cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Fitting a washing machine takes 5 minutes. Unless you're physically disabled in some way, it should be no bother to you: just watch a video on Youtube.

Adverts and Donedeal are brilliant for second-hand appliances though you may need a hand to transport them. We picked up a washer dryer for €50 when we first moved in. Lasted about 5 years which gave us time to get over the early years of our mortgage and hae enough wriggle room in the finances to be able to replace it.

Advertisement