Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Norris

Options
  • 12-05-2024 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

When younger I used to watch Delta Force, Missing in Action, etc. ….. without questioning what was going on …. when one is a teenage all one cares about is how much action is in these type of films ….. in more recent times I have researched Norris and have found a lot of what he does is based on his own propaganda …. he supports hardline Republicans, Netanyahu's version of Israel, far right media outlets … he contributes to one … and much of what is depicted in his films …. political views I despise and think are the core reason why the world is a mess today ….

In the pre-Internet era of small town video rental shops Cannon films starring Norris were often all that were on offer for the action movie fan and my family devoured each and every one of them …. I now would not touch them with a 40 foot pole …. The Delta Force and Missing in Action represent all that is wrong in the American view of the world …. there is no doubt these films inspired a generation of hardliners in America …. thank you Chuck for ruining the world!! …. watching these yokes in Ireland removed the core propaganda …. Irish people just accepted films then as 'good guys' v 'bad guys' without questioning why one side was 'good' and the other 'bad' ….. but they are very anti-Vietnam, anti-communist and anti-Palestine ….. not surprising given who owned Cannon Films and Golan Clobus ….. Russian descent capitalists relocated to Israel ….

Did Chuck Norris actually make anything decent though ….. is he deserving of being considered 'the wooden Chuck Norris' or are there actually something decent out there he was in ?? …..

Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement