Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Well

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LOL finally figured out where the random, occasional bird cry is coming from.

Have no idea what to do with that information now, but at least I have it 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is that the random siren sounding thing that goes off? I hear it sometimes and I'm like where the **** is that coming from??

@Penn that's mental, this game is definitely deep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, that’s the one! There is a pattern to when and why it goes off, though might only become apparent with some additional info you’re privy to in the post-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I had to look it up online because I knew there had to be a lot more that I was missing, as you're only given a 4x4 piece of it, and it's about 20x40. Even after completing it I'm not even sure which square was mine. As far as I know though, it's the only thing in the game you can't complete by itself.

Refusing to look anything else up online though, because the joy of discovery in the game is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gneel

I'm convinced you can do something with the rabbit that appears in your dreams as you sleep when you stay still for too long

• Advertisement

The game is exceptionally detailed and thoroughly designed - if there’s something notably odd or out of place it’d be a very safe bet to assume it’s odd or out of place on purpose.

Also found a cat code in somewhere totally random that I wasn’t expecting at all, so thinking the others could be bloody anywhere 😅

Went on an absolute tear with this, went to every room, using every tool I had and when I found a new tool, repeated the process. Currently have 35 eggs, all candles lit and all 10 tools. Some of the new tools are very handy, some not so much but I don't think I've found their use yet. I had to look up a guide on the last tool as it was taking me too long, still not sure if I would have figured it out. I need to do another round trip of the whole map now with all the tools I have, I have still found a couple of chests I can't figure out how to get to even with all tools but man, another 30 eggs left, they are rightly hidden!

Spoiler below the tools I found. I'm all ears if anyone wants to give hints or advise on how/where to use them. I'm at the stage now where I might look up guides to go for the platinum.

Definitely easier finding secrets with more tools on hand but I'm on the verge of getting burnt out with the repeated trips around the map.

The UV Wand, I had to google what to do with the skeleton fish. And then the tool itself, it seems to be showing me hidden murals around the map, some telling the back story, found a very interesting mural of me on the back of the manticore looking at a rabbit trapped inside the outline of a house, hhmmm.

Ball to throw around to break things but nothing my disk or yoyo can't do.

Remote which is very handy, let me activate switches and dynamite, control certain animals and making these things light up red but I don't know why.

Top which breaks destructible walls and floors, I'm setting it off in every room, found a good few secrets with it.

Upgraded bubble wand which lets me create multiple bubbles at once which allows me to use them as steps to get to high places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's very enjoyable. I like the pace of it the most, you are not ever stressed playing it. Even though it is challenging it gets you thinking. You always feel like you learned something even when you fail.

But I think I like the most the way there is no tutorial. It gives you a new tool in an area where using that tool is intuitive and then off with you. It is clever design.

This is exactly what PS+ is great for. I'm not sure I'd have bought this if for €25.

You want to use the

remote a lot more. It will show you chests behind walls. It will light them up red. This is your main device for finding chests. UV is good when you see a blank wall in the background.

There is one chest just north of the egg room that I can't for the life of me figure out how to get. It's just by a giant pot with grass and two dog statues.

Also, frisbee mechanic spoiler:

It’s possible to hop on the frisbee immediately after throwing it against a wall, rather than waiting to jump a second time. It’s fairly exact timing but it has gotten me over to one or two chests I don’t think I’d have made it over to otherwise.

• Advertisement

Can anyone help me get to this room circled please? I got there early on my playthrough and can't figure out how to get back there. Since the mall is spherical in a very clever way, i tried the other side of the map but nothing. I have a feeling i need to get there to get the chest above as in that room, i can't figure out how to use the floor plates that move the boxes with enough time to get through.

Althooooughh now what Johnny has said about the frisbee trick, i think that would do it!

I'm also trying to figure out how to get into that half discovered room. I have the chest in the room above. I bounced the frisbee off the wall and dropped the slinky. Takes a few attempts to get the timing right

Aw that must have been serious luck/skill with the timing. I tried doing the bounce off the wall trick but figured the window was way too small to line up the frisbee with the slinky.

The absolute state of this, game cleared in under 7 minutes. Up until the 6:30 mark, i was fairly impressed and then it was like WTF is that!!!

Up to around 45 eggs now, and in full on goblin mode trying to go through every nook and cranny of the map. Evening just disappeared searching for them.

Lost my evening to it too. Up to either 50 or 51 eggs. Still know I'm going to need another tool or two, but ones I found last night have been insanely helpful. I know where about 5 of the other chests are, just have no way of getting to them.

Without giving too much away can anyone answer; is there a tool or method to break the glass blocks? At least if I know there is, I can work towards that. Otherwise I'm going to have to try find other ways into some of these rooms/paths, and maybe I'm approaching them from the wrong side.

I think there's specific glass blocks that can broken at the end boss but I don't think the regular ones can. I think the regular ones are used to tease you and give you a hint of where to go.

I got 64 eggs last night. I looked up where the last ones were at 60 as I had no more leads on my map and life's too short to randomly wander the map. One of the eggs is just.... I had to look up the solution too. I would have never ever figured this one out. I think it's fair enough to look up answers eventually imo as the game is designed to be crowd sourced eventually. Could you imagie this game came out 30 years ago on the snes. It would have taken forever to be solved.

Although in hindsight, if you don't want to look up locations, checking any black spots on the map is the way to go. Even small black spots. Still I think there's two I would have never found.

"I think there's specific glass blocks that can broken at the end boss but I don't think the regular ones can. I think the regular ones are used to tease you and give you a hint of where to go."

I do have to say, the area where you unlock

The UV light

is an exceptionally cool area and video game sleight of hand.

• Advertisement

I had to look up what the skulls meant in the skull room, ha. For anyone wondering how to get the chest behind them.

Each skull spawns when you die so you get the chest, you have to have a no death run. Pretty funny.

Ha, figured that last night when I returned to the room for a second time after having a bad experience with a different puzzle.

There is a fish bubble sewer entrance just below this beside a telephone. The telephone is just cut off in your screenshot. That'll bring you to the room you've been in already. If you recall, there was a puzzle with tons of those fish sewers. I still can't into the room beside it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've lost so many hours over the last few days and the map just keeps growing. I only see the first flame room on the map now. Still out of reach thanks to a blocked door.

Also only just realised you can stamp markers on the map with the stamp tool for things you want to remember like chests etc. that you can't get to. Makes back tracking much easier.

Yeah I wish I'd used the stamp earlier, have started using it more last night. I'd definitely recommend at least marking the fast travel points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,959 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maps with bookmarks are the best map innovation since etrian Odyssey.

Platinum in the bag. I had to look up a guide for the last 10 eggs as i was talking way too long on them, glad i did as some were diabolical. I would never have gotten the true ending either without a guide. Spoilers below about end game stuff.

19 hours and absolutely bloody loved it! I was in an awful rut with games lately and now getting through my library looking forward to going back to some old ones and trying some new, it's crazy how a little game like this can reinvigorate you.

I looked up the guide to get the office key, Jesus. I had noticed the egg lines with the uv light but even if i did take the time to write out the notes, i would never have thought about the upside down egg.

Another guide to use the true ending to find the bunny puzzle I've got collect all the rabbits. I had gotten 2, the rest are some crazy ones, hats off to those that managed this by investigating and working together. Gonna take a break now and will go rabbit hunting another day.

Only did it last night. I knew which zone each one was for and could visualise the room, but when looking at the map to see where I wanted to go I could never figure out where the nearest point to me or where I wanted to get to was. Has made things a lot easier now.

• Advertisement

Anyone else bring the M Disk all the way down to the circular recess? 😅

Advertisement