Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hades 2

Options
  • 06-05-2024 10:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It's finally out (in early access on PC)!

Played a few hours this evening and it's excellent - it's early access but seems a lot deeper and more substantial than Hades 1 was when it released in EA. It is more Hades - the basics will be immediately familiar (the roguelite structure, the drip-feed narrative in the hub area, the basic flow of gameplay). But it definitely is a sequel - kinda reminds me of a Disagea sequel in that it takes the basics and applies them to new settings and characters. The gameplay seems deeper and richer than before. Initially, there are a lot more items and variables to keep track of, but it quickly gets into the flow of things and you'll be picking the boons you want in no time. As before, the joy is in the insane synergies you stumble upon. And this is already delivering plenty on that front.

I've fought up to the second boss a few times and it's plenty challenging, but like the first game the power curve will bend to your advantage as the game progresses. I will say the biggest improvement appears to be the cast and special abilities, the latter of which seems a lot more versatile and useful than the equivalent in game one.

Seems great so far - early days but looking forward to playing a lot more in the coming months and when 1.0 finally releases :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"I will say the biggest improvement appears to be the cast and special abilities, the latter of which seems a lot more versatile and useful than the equivalent in game one."

That's definitely what I'm most looking forward to in terms of gameplay. Most of the time those were just afterthoughts in picking my attacks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolutely adore the first one, bit still think i'll wait till its feature complete. Looks to be a very hefty early access, but still have plenty of other games to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have fought up to the fourth boss twice now, and yeah there's a whole lot of game here. Much, much deeper than the first game's Early Access launch and in some ways even the 1.0 release. In particular, the in-between run hub area offers a lot more options to engage with, and the build system is nice and flexible thanks to the new tarot card system and weighted skill slots.

It's really excellent. Pretty much everything has clicked into place now - new currencies etc… - and very pleased with how everything's flowing. The weapon synergies can get even wilder and more broken this time around, which is only a good thing. Only played through runs with two weapons so far, but have unlocked two more so looking forward to trying them and seeing the potential there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really enjoying this. Sister blades are my favourite weapon so far but just after unlocking the Flames. Still trying to get a handle on everything but can consistently beat the first boss now, have only managed to get to the second boss once though.

Advertisement