Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW37 transfer thread

Options
  • 05-05-2024 8:24am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If Gusto doesn't play this week, I will bring in Gvardiol.

Will bring in Jackson or Alvarez on a -4 for Toney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

15 DGWers and 2FT.

Happy with my team for the bench boost but looking for differentials versus the lad I'm chasing so may swap Son for KDB and do Walker to Van Den Ven for the illusive Spurs defensive triple up.

What could go wrong 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Schar and Maguire injured so that's where my 2 fts will be going. Shame there's no defenders I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Even with 2 goals in 2 GWs, is Son a good option now?

If you didn't have him, would you buy him? Maybe not. But if you own him, you can't sell him. I wouldn't mind trying to switch him for KDB maybe.

• Advertisement

Maguire injury is annoying. Will prob just do a straight swap to AWB as dont have the funds for Dalot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye the defensive injuries seem to be piling up but no stand out alternatives, if got news on Trippier i'd take the risk or else dalot or cuccurella or something less exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He should be a better option now that Richarlison is back and he's back in his best position. He's not a no. 9 and has looked lost there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will be playing BB. 11DGWrs. Kelleher to Vicario + Salah to KDB is what I'm looking at currently for a -4. Could maybe do a -8 for Gusto but don't think I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Can I play wildcard this week and also use benchboost? I have a feeling that the answer is No but just wanted to check

Edit: Checked there and it's a No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

10DGW players and 2 FT. Need to ship Schar and will depend on Bruno then. Will likely sell Mateta for Jackson also

I currently have 6 DGW players. But they are DGW players that I'm happy to own and there are SGW players that I'm happy to own.

eg I'm happier owning Saka than Bruno or any Man Utd mid. I'm happier owning Arsenal defence than Spurs defence or Man Utd defence.

I would like to sell Solanke, maybe for Jackson but that would mean benching Eze. Probably something I could live with too. And then possibly Petrovic in for Neto for a -4. A -4 to bring me up to 8 DGW players + 3 Arsenal. Not the worst situation for some one with no chips. Is someone like Madueke, Richarlison, Barnes or Gordon worth it over Saka when I want Saka in 38 anyways and no other Arsenal attacking coverage? Just for the sake of another DGW players and a -4 and have to do another transfer in 38. Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I think it'd be madness to get rid of any good FPL asset right now where their team is still fighting for something.

Not sure I'd be getting rid of Saka or any Arsenal players. They could easily outscore any DGW player plus as you said, you'll want them for 38.

Yeah would prefer to back teams fighting for something (Arsenal, City, and kind of Newcastle & Chelsea).

And even while not owning players from Burnley Forest etc have something worth playing for so don't really want to back against them. That puts Spurs & Chelsea at a bit of risk but Chelsea have the better form so if picking one I would pick the Chelsea asset (Jackson, Madueke, Cucurella, Petrovic) over a Spurs one (Richarlison, Porro). Son & Palmer are lock ins regardless.

Brighton & Man Utd seem to be sleep walking to the end of the season so that makes Arsenal, Chelsea & Newcastle more appealing.

I guess which leads me to the question of who's a better transfer: Solanke →Jackson (bench Eze) or Eze →Gordon/Barnes/Madueke etc (bench Solanke).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently 11 DGWers, 2FT's and will be BB'ing

• Watkins to Jackson seems a good punt. Villa look wreaked, Jackson on form and a DGW brings me to 12 DGW'ers.

• Final FT will be either to replace Gusto if he's ruled out (with Cucurella/Romero), or Dubravka if there's news on Pope (Vicario in)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I got Ruben Dias (safe pick I thought) on my wildcard in 35. Hasn’t played in last 3 games although 2 of them were seemingly illness related but he didn’t get any minutes from the bench last game either.

Is he worth a -4 to his now very trendy teammate Gvardiol or would/should Dias be Pep’s first name in the teamsheet ? I always thought he was Pep’s absolute first choice CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads, haven't had my eye on the ball at all this season.

I have 2 chips and a WC left but only 2 game weeks.

I've only 5 dgw players currently so I'm going to WC and get 11 dgw players but that means no TC.l this week in the double

AltAlternatively I could do a minus 8, get 8 DGW players in and play my TC.

Any thoughts?

TC is just 1 extra player.

Load up on 11 DGW players use TC in GW38.

I’d defo go WC this week and at least there a couple of good options for TC next GW.

• Advertisement

Tough to call, -4 for a player who may play 1 game while Dias may play 1 too.

Wait for pressers, doubt it will help though.

Currently have 11 DGWers starting and my BB bench is 3x United + a spurs defender :

Bruno (Yellow flag), Maguire (red flag), Onana and Romero.

I have 2FT but no obvious doublers for Bruno/Maguire so could revert to Arsenal players and use them to get Havertz/Gabriel in and BB with them instead.

I wonder now though if there is any merit to going against the herd and saving the BB for GW 38 and trippling up on

3x Ars V Everton

3x City V West Ham

3x New V Brentford

3x Spurs V Sheffield

3x Chelsea V Bournemoth

Would mean benching my Arsenal players this week if I get them in 🙈

I wouldn’t want to bench anyone against that United team and especially attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Maguire for Romero or Dunk (or neither?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Which is better?

A: Vicario and KDB

B: Ederson and Richarlison (or any mid other than Son, Palmer, Gordon, Foden).

For all sorts of reason I think A is the clear choice here.

Bruno (yellow) & Maguire (red) back to Gabriel & Havertz.

DGW fever has subsided and its probably madness not to have Arsenal players for the last couple of gameweeks.

Will BB now with the two above + 13 DGWers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^

I'm definitely getting jaded with FPL, I read that "DGWers" as "Double Game Week W@nkers" 😂

• Advertisement

Advertisement