Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Mobile, Can I negotiate? Loyalty ?

Options
  • 04-05-2024 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Hi, Contract is up for renewal, Eir Mobile, Ive negotiated before with the loyalty team and got "a deal" but i reckon that was a fairly standard deal nothing special for most renewals,

Im with Eir mobile more than 10 years bill pay, I pay over 45 a month some months more wen i play the cash machine.

Can i negotiate a new phone and much better deal or are they all fairly standard offers, Im thinking of just switching to GOMO? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

staying with your provider of any service is rarely rewarded.

You get a better deal if you switch gas/electricity/mobile/insurance.

Just do your homework, find put what the best deal is and swop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would be inclined to just switch to Gomo and buy a replacement sim-free phone if and when you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

if you have your broadband with eir, mobiles are €10p/m. 5g. Unlimited data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I do have my broadband and TV with Eir, So as my phone is damaged do they do a phone as part of that deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I am also on the €9.99pm mobile deal from eir. It is fantastic value, and even better value than Eir's GoMo offer at €15pm. It is definitely the best mobile plan available in Ireland. However, it is "SIM-only", so you will need to pay for a new handset when you need one. You will be saving more than €400 per year vs your current deal, so just put the savings in your piggy-bank and you should have ample funds to pay for a new handset when you need one. Like most plans, it will increase after 12 months, if you don't renegotiate. Just ring Eir, and ask the loyalty team to renew your €9.99 plan for another 12 months. I have been on this plan for 8 years, and I also get the TV add-on for €9.99pm. Incredible value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,774 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Curious where is the best place to buy a SIM-free phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ive bought my last few from Amazon over the years, often Harvey Norman have special offers on too that are near matching their prices.

Vodafone have regular prepay "switching" deals where you get a big discount switching over from another network. There's a thread in Bargain Alerts on this, simply use a burner SIM from another network and then use the unlocked phone with your own SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

If you are going for the Eir SIM-only €9.99pm offer, but prefer the reassurance of having a shop to walk into, you can always buy the handset in an Eir shop or through their website, and tell them it is for a pre-pay SIM. This means you will pay the full price for the phone, and you can swap your own SIM for the the pre-pay SIM that comes with the phone. You will be limited to the range of handsets that they sell to pre-pay customers. If you are buying the phone in a different store, make sure it is not SIM locked to a different network, and preferably select a phone manufacturer that Eir already sell at least one model of. There are reports of some phones (eg Google Pixel) not supporting Eir's WiFi Calling service or VOLTE(Voice over 4G/5G), because some manufacturers haven't bothered to include the Eir server address in their software. If Eir already sell a phone from a specific manufacturer, then this should guarantee that other phones in that manufacturers range should have the settings. Also make a point of formally asking the seller if it supports Eir's WiFi calling & VOLTE services, so that you can return it, if these don't work. Eir's WiFi calling service is invaluable for avoiding roaming charges if you are roaming outside of the EU. VOLTE is increasingly important as 3G networks get switched off, forcing voice calls onto 4G or 5G, or the limited amount of capacity remaining on 2G.

Advertisement