Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Burglars in Australia **Mod Warning in Post #69**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭forrestgeorge

Freedom of movement for WORKERS.

Gypsies don't work!

Deport the lot of them back to their home country.

If their home nation gives Ireland any grief, block EU funds to these countries, remember all EU countries have to agreed on policies for them to be enacted, take back your Gypsies or Ireland will block all EU aid to you, we are now a contributor to the aid budget and not a receiver, so play hard ball and look out for Irelands best interests, bloc the entire aid budget if need be, we wont be getting a penny of it anyway so no issue for us.

Other EU countries have zero problems kicking up a fuss, but our lick arses in the Dail wont stand up for Ireland at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭JVince

How many Irish travellers have been sent back to Ireland from the UK, France, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands.

They don't "work", but well able to scam thousands of people with their driveway and roofing scans.

With over 30,000 Irish travellers estimated to live in European countries, I doubt very much if you'd want them back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

You sound like one of those fascists, that was basically at a SS Rallie in NewtownMT Kennedy. I mean I'm a Republican but I would not call myself a nationalist. These people are embarrassing Irish people I feel ashamed by those actions and they're all over the 26 counties.

That sounds like a UK, France, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands problem and not a Irish problem, i would happily be seen as a bad European and deport the Gypsies, if they wise up and deport the Irish here, well we know all about them , come down on them like a legal ton of brick, no bleeding hearts feeling sorry for them, they could be turned around in a generation with a no sh1t taken attitude from the courts.

Woohoo! confirmation i won, my post cannot be argued against, so just call me a fascist and scuttle away.

I'd deport all the gypsies and other undesirables back to their own countries and gladly take back every Irish traveler in the EU, once it was a done deal i would

1. quit funding pavee point.

2. remove the idiotic travelers as an ethnic minority bollox, they are Irish not a iota of difference down to the DNA

3. enforce the law, no light sentences for crime from bleeding hearts,

that's it, break the law of to jail with them, no suspended sentences as the poor ould creator wasn't breast fed and he has behavioral problems due to that, or what ever bollox the bleeding hearts lap up.

• Advertisement

^That all sounds very fascistic to me. think that could fall under hate speech law.

3. How much time should you get for hate speech laws?

"In Irish law, hate speech is any communication that is made in public with the intention or likelihood of being threatening or abusive and likely to stir up hatred against people because of their:

• Race
    • Colour
    • Nationality
    • Religion
    • Ethnic or national origin
    • Membership of the traveler community
    • Sexual orientation

The communication can be spoken, published or broadcast. Communication made in a private residence that cannot be seen or heard by people outside the residence is not included.

The current law on hate speech in Ireland

The Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 sets out the law on hate speech.

It says that it is an offence to communicate threatening, abusive or insulting material that is intended, or likely to, “stir up” hatred against a group of people because of their race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, membership of the travelling community or sexual orientation.

The communication can be spoken, in writing, broadcast or part of a recording.

If the person did not intend to stir up hatred, they can defend a charge by proving that they did not know the content of the material, and had no reason to suspect that the material was threatening, abusive or insulting.

Private residences

You cannot be convicted of inciting hatred for things you say in a private residence, unless the words, behaviour or material are heard or seen by someone outside the residence. You may not be guilty of an offence if you were in a private residence and had no reason to believe that your words, behaviour or material would be heard or seen by someone outside.

Who is responsible for broadcasts?

A broadcast is any transmission that is intended to be received by the general public.

If material that is intended to stir up hatred (or is likely to stir up hatred even if not intended) is broadcast, all of the following may have committed an offence:

• The broadcaster (for example, the TV channel)
    • The people who produced or directed the broadcast
    • The person who made the threatening or abusive statement

The broadcaster, producer or director of the broadcast may be able to avoid prosecution if the material was not intended to stir up hatred and:

• They did not know, and had no reason to suspect, that the offending material was in the broadcast or
    • They could not have removed the offending material for practical reasons

The producer or director may also be able to avoid prosecution if they can show they did not know and had no reason to believe that that the item would be broadcast or that it would be likely to stir up hatred.

The person who made the statement may be able to defend their actions if they can show that they did not know and had no reason to suspect that the material would be broadcast, or that the broadcast would stir up hatred.

Any person charged in respect of a broadcast can also use a defence of not knowing or not having reason to suspect that the material was threatening, abusive or insulting.

Preparing or possessing offending material

It is also an offence to prepare or to have in your possession any offending written material, sound recording or visual images, that you (or someone else) intend to distribute, broadcast, display or publish either in Ireland or abroad.

How to report hate speech

You can report hate speech in any of the following ways:

Social media

Social media companies can remove hateful content. You can read how to report hate speech on:

Proposed changes to the law

New proposed laws on hate speech have been published and are currently being debated in the Oireachtas. The Criminal Justice (Incitement to Violence or Hatred and Hate Offences) Bill 2022 will (if enacted):

• Create new laws to deal with hate crimes
    • Expand the protected characteristics to include gender (including gender identity and expression) and disability
    • Make it an offence to deny or trivialise genocide

A hate crime is any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim, or any other person, to have been motivated by prejudice based on a person’s age, disability race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. Ireland does not currently have specific laws that deal with hate crimes.

The new law will replace the Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act 1989.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod :-

Please keep this thread civil and on topic - and not an excuse to bash travellers, Roma gypsies or immigrants of which there are many pre-existing threads over on the Current Affairs/IMHO forum already.

Anyone ignoring this warning will face an immediate threadban.

JK

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What we really need is to strengthen CAB and actually increase prison sentences which are actually served. Anyone living well beyond their means on the proceeds of crime regardless of who they are should have their assets seized. They should be questioned as to how they built these huge houses while on the dole, held a huge function like wedding, communion etc that cost thousands and if they can't explain it they should be held to account and have their dole stopped until they do. Some of the headstones in our cemetery are like mausoleums costing as much as 100K and the people who paid for them never held a job. Madness what's going on and it's an affront to decent people who uphold the law and work for what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cab definitely has helped, but it clearly has serious limitations, we ll never stop such crime, but we certainly cant allow such criminals to flourish

• Advertisement

Hate speech😂🤣 Irish man wants all Irish to be treated the same and the law to stop pussy footing around and jail criminals, I don't think even Lionel Hutz would take that case on.😂🤣

Wonderful, Like the Chinese girl on Garda patrol, speaks pigeon English and can't pronounce Irish names, now that's progressive policies in action, progressing to what we don't know but safe to say worse than what we already have.

According the poster above this would be hate speech, wanting the law of the land implemented without fear or favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ULEZ23

how do I find post 69 which has the warning?

im on a mobile (similar to probably 95% of other posters) and it goes not show post numbers, do I have to switch over to desktop mode? Seems very archaic posting from whatever mod decides that, are they in the 5% minority not using mobile Unfortunately I’ll never know the mod warning as I’m not in the mood to count 69 posts to find out.

seems bizarre that the OP wasn’t simply edited with the mod warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

How do you know post 69 has the warning with no numbers showing?

Like you say, I am on mobile and would not know post 69 is the warning as no numbers are shown

I'm not sure what the ineffective Irish penal system has to do with immigrants or Irish gardai with a Chinese background.

We all came from somewhere to end up in Ireland, that's not a bleeding-heart liberal take, it's a historical fact.

I see cringy right-wing groups going to rural Irish towns & villages & having protests with banners saying something to the effect of "Ireland is full up" Sometimes it might say the name of the town like "Tuam if full up". Which is just ridiculous, Ireland is one of the most underpopulated countries in Western Europe, the population still hasn't recovered from pre-1840s levels. And they're waving these green flags with the words "Irish Republic" emblazoned on them in gold, the one Connolly flew over the GPO, James Connolly was a Marxist, an internationalist who spoke at IWW (Wobblies) meetings, the irony of this seems to be lost on these people.

The problem is not immigrants & refugees, the problem is ineffective successive governments and private businesses who don't pay wages people can live on, mixed with a housing crisis. Stop attacking the most vulnerable in society.

Ireland has the perfect population size, nether to big or small

Perhaps you like crowds

Your last paragraph sound very student union, not a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The only way is to use desktop mode.

I and others have posted politely about this in Feedback numerous times, they admit the issue at the time and fix it in the thread mentioned

But it seems that the moderators overall are unable to learn that the same issue applies in other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Imagine been stuck on a long haul flight sitting beside or in close proximity to those vermin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Quitelife

a very low percentage of mainstream Irish people are involved in crime in Australia, they are too busy working and starting a new life .

Meanwhile an Irish subculture of which there isn’t many in Australia are hugely involved in robbing all round them and not working only giving decent Irish people a bad name .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Let’s go back to pre famine time when we lived in mud huts and potatoes were our staple diet

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭StormForce13

Indeed not. Just stick to reading The Beano and listening to the insightful lyrics of Bambi Thug and Billy Bragg and you'll know everything about everything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@forestgeorge - Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Juran

I see their McDonagh cousins are in court in Wales for doing a dine & dash job. Fair play to the Welsh police for following up on the restaurant complaint and brining them to court.

Post edited by Juran on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Do these people ever do anything positive ??….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Advertisement