If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48OLED808 vs 48OLED809

Options
  • 01-05-2024 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm considering these two models but can't see the 809 on your .ie website. Will you have it available in the near future? I'm in Meath so would need saorview and Freesat/Freeview etc. I plan on ditching Sky soon.
    Can you deliver south of the border? I could pick it up if it would fit in the back of a saloon car. Would the warranty still be valid?

I can see the 808 on your site but not sure what the difference is, just assuming the latest model would be best. Let me have a price if you can.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post Thumbpilot,

We are hoping to see the 48OLED809 very soon and if you like I can place a pre order on it? The current price is £1349 sterling.

The main difference is the better processor on the 809 - it uses the 8th Gen P5 processor so the colour and brightness is more natural. It's also improved the Ambilight on the TV as well.

We do have the 48OLED808 in stock which is still a fantastic TV though:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-207436-philips-48oled808-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv.aspx

Please don't hesitate to drop me a post if you'd like to go for either of those.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Thanks David,

Can you come back to me on my other questions when you get a chance?

I'm in Meath so would need saorview and Freesat/Freeview etc. Does this TV have built in Saorview or will I need another separate box for that? I plan on ditching Sky soon.
    Can you deliver south of the border? What's the delivery cost on the 809?

I could pick it up if it would fit in the back of a saloon car. Would the warranty still be valid if used outside NI/UK?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Apologies Thumbpilot, I forgot to include that in my post.

Both the 808 and the 809 are Saorview approved so you'll be able to pick up free to air channels when you plug in a terrestrial aerial.

We can certainly deliver to Meath - delivery is £6.99 when you pay in sterling.

Please don't hesitate to drop me an email if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.