Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor restoration

Options
  • 01-05-2024 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone know of any good lads at restoring tractors in Leitrim or surroundings areas. I've a Massey 165 that I'd like to get cleaned up. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ex135

Michael Kelly in Tulsk does sandblasting and painting,lm Kelly he goes by, good man at his job 0851612270

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

Got sorted with a lad. The 165 currently has the round axles, dry brakes. Should I swap them over for the square axles wet brakes? Any opinion on the subject? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭emaherx

Depends how much it's for work or how much it's for show or if you intend on selling.

Personally I'd probably leave it original unless it's going to be doing an awful lot of work when it's finished. You might increase the value of it a bit if you have intentions of selling in future with the square axles.

Dry brakes work fine, but don't last as long and require adjusting more frequently, but not a big issue if it will only be tipping about with small hours.

Advertisement