Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in a guy at school who attracts lots of girls

Options
  • 30-04-2024 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

There is a guy at my college who I have been checking out for a while, and he is amazingly gorgeous, and I often find myself trying to avoid staring too much at him.
    He is also a good deal taller and more powerful-looking than all other guys in our class, so the other guys seem quite intimidated by him.
    Either way, this guy has a lot of admirers who flirt with him, and I always see some girls approaching him and trying to sit next to him and things like that, and I have also seen him get asked on dates by different girls on multiple occasions, and seemed positive to it a lot of the times.
    I have considered asking him on a date myself, but it feels a bit discouraging how there are always those other pretty girls who do that, and I am not sure how I should approach a guy like him.
    Do you maybe have some ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If you feel confident enough to ask him out (and accept there's a chance he might decline) then go ahead and ask him out.

He'll either say yes or no, least then you'll know.

Live n learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Based on what?

The only information in the op is that he is "amazingly gorgeous" and "he is also a good deal taller and more powerful-looking than all other guys"

Zero information about his personality. I think your comment says more about you.

OP the only thing you can do is ask. Maybe do a little asking around on this likes and dislikes to see if you have anything in common, before making your move. It might give you some common ground to start a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Hardly 40-50 yrs lifelong material,grow uppppppppp FFS.

------

Warning applied for Breach of Charter - as per the Charter please post constructive civil advice when replying to a thread in PI/RI

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Musicrules

What time was this thread made at? How many posts has this poster made? 😂

-------

Warning applied for Breach of Charter - as per the Charter please post constructive civil advice when replying to a thread in PI/RI. If you've a problem with a post/er report it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just ask him out, it can only go 2 ways, he either says yes or he says no.

Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭NiceFella

OP, he might be gorgeous and everything, but you need to click with him if something is to happen. So I suppose you need to try talk to him about whatever normal stuff day to day yous are both involved with. If this fella has as many options in that regard as you say you would need to play it cool and not overly up front. If you click you click. Best of luck

What it says about me is that I've known about 20 or so lads exactly like she described, College aged and Women throwing themselves at him, yeh he sounds like he's gonna settle down right away 🙄

Who in college is looking to settle down with a life partner? Jeez, some amount of criticism and bitterness on some lad who we've no info on bar his looks.

I'm not bitter I'm just hoping she doesn't waste her time on someone who clearly has plenty of options, she seems enamoured by him and clearly wants to date, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Advertisement

Is that your advice to the OP?

Go after someone with less options who you're less attracted to?

Seems poor advice, just settle for less.

My advice to the OP is to go for it. Lads at college aren't all stereotypical jocks looking for notches on a bedpost.

Lmao it's not all about looks! to Quote yourself "that comment says more about you"

She doesn't even know the lad! she literally admires him from a distance. to quote OP "I have also seen him get asked on dates by different girls on multiple occasions, and seemed positive to it a lot of the times." The guy is literally enjoying himself and wants multiple dates with different women, OP clearly wants more.

Your advice is the poor advice here! But sure let her find out the hard way🤷‍♂️

Better to have loved and lost as the saying goes.

True! its a life experience, which is what College is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

+1

lived with a lad like that myself, on the uni and county Gaelic Football team (so popular as a mini celeb but also super fit) and had the girls throwing themselves at him. Once he ended up going home with a complete stranger barely 30 seconds after arriving into a nightclub. Such a waste of 50p on the cloakroom, and whatever the admission was, but he made it back on not needing to buy pints !

Othertimes it was just a gang of girls huddled round literally ignoring the existence of all other males, like ourselves who were yer mans housemates.

So yea, work away, be another notch on his belt if that makes you feel good but dont get your hopes up that you'd be "the one" as stats will show you'll be just one of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,331 ✭✭✭✭ted1

how? Because girls flirt with him…. He doesn’t to be the one doing the flirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Kingslayer

Is it common now for a girl to ask out a boy?

• Administrators Posts: 13,807 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Rather than hand out warnings I've deleted a number of posts. All posters are reminder that this is the Personal Issues/Relationship Issues forum. Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭marilynrr

What are you looking for? Just something casual or a relationship?

Are you the type to fall for someone easily?

Have you ever spoken to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The use of the word "school" implies the OP is possibly American (or else it is a cut-and-paste job from somewhere else).

If genuine, is it an Irish-based situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

Several replies here seem to assume the girl is hoping for a relationship with this guy. Maybe I'm picking it up wrong but she states she likes him for his looks and says he seems to "respond well" to being asked out by other girls. That doesn't suggest to me she's picking out a wedding dress just yet. It is possible for girls to fancy men for reasons other than their road frontage!

My Advice, if your actually interested in him, get to know him before asking him out. He's already got his pick so another random girl fawning over him isn't going to stand out. If your just looking to have a go with him like everyone else, meh, it wouldn't be for me but fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lara05

Yeah, I am not quite sure what I would want with him.
    I have been thinking of "getting intimate" with him during a quick meeting, and then maybe seeing if I build up something from there, but I am not sure.

Either way, yesterday I saw him and a girl enter a private nap room in a quiet corridor together in an intimate manner, and I could hear them kissing a lot (I didn't want to "eavesdrop" or anything, so I left quite quickly), so I certainly know that he had something going on there.
    But I have got the impression that he seems to have casual meetings, so maybe it was one of his brief dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭xyz13

How old are you OP?

Petit a petit l'oiseau fait son nid...

19 now, and the guy I have been looking at is 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭NiceFella

OP, small bit of wisdom for you,

When I was around your age I was very into a girl in work. The only thing was...so was everyone else. She tended to go with guys who I considered a bit thick (which subsequently was quite true). Now looking back, I can see that this girl would not have been a good match for me at all. We had nothing in common. But more unfortunately, I remember many nice girls that I really vibed with then that I didn't try anything with. Not saying they were marriage material, but getting some relationship experience when you are younger stands to you when you date later on. You'll know yourself better and know what you want better.

What I'm trying to say is this guy might be a complete waste of your time and it seems like a bit of an ego boost or validation for you. Just be aware of that. Cliche as it is, looks aren't the only show in town and I'd say you'd find someone else who is far more worthy of your time. You can get hung up on people that are simply not worth your time or effort.

Yeah, well I am not sure what I should do with him, haha.
    I have made eye contact with him a few times and smiled a bit, and asked him some quick questions about school and stuff, but I am not sure if he realises that I am interested in him, and there are also frequently those other girls who try to get his attention, so I feel like I don't stick out that much at all.
    But I might try to make contact with him a bit more this next week, when I see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Kingslayer

Maybe set up a study date with him as you are both in college. It always works on tv and films.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭D n G

OP what is a "private nap room"? College has changed a lot since my day. Maybe don't look too interested. After all if this lad has girls hanging around him he may find someone who isn't, a bit more intriguing. Whatever happens, look after yourself and don't get sidelined by one lad when there are many more out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

You could ask him out OP

If you're his type he'll say yes, if not he'll say no.

But given the fact that there many women interested in him (which is extremely rare, you need to be a really good looking fella for this happen) it's highly unlikely he'll want to start a relationship.

More than likely, it will be a date or two and sex, and maybe FWB. but even FWB probably wont happen given the amount of interest he has from other women.

Out of interest, you said lots of other women asked him out. Has he gone out with any of them? Have you talked to any of those women about what he like? #womentalk
    If he's been asked out loads and hasn't gone out with any, he might not be into women. The Gay lads usually look after themselves better than the straight lads do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement