If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a disability?

  • 29-04-2024 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

    Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council have a grant called the Housing Adaptation Grant for people with a disability that is for people with a physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual disability. It can be used for works like level access showers, accessible bathrooms, access ramps, stair lifts and extensions. Does anyone know anything about this or did anyone have any experience with it? If you were on Disability Allowance for mental health issues and you had a letter from an ocupational therapist, do you think it could be used to cover the re-wiring of a house?