Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collection of green waste

Options
  • 28-04-2024 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im going to have too much green waste to bring to the dump in the car but not enough for a skip/ skip bag either. Is there anyone in Cork city who do a green waste collection in a van/ van + trailer or something like that? I seem to remember seeing vans with high sided trailers collecting green waste but that's probably from their own job.

Happy to pay of course if anyone does this as a nixer on the weekend or whatever.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christina A

We put ours in our brown bin but you may not have one. They take all garden waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭pegdrums

cheers. We’d have way too much for the brown bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

Skip bag would probably fit in your car if you put down the back seats? Maybe just buy one, fill it and bring it to the dump rather than having it collected?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Madd002

Buy some rubble bags 2.50 in dunnes, very strong put all cuttings in those it'll dry out soon and then squash down once dried you'll fit all in car boot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭pegdrums

thanks for the tips all. Used the skip bag idea but with a big bag we got wood delivered on a while ago. Got it in the boot and they only charged a tenner at the dump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we asked our waste company (Panda) for a 2nd brown bin which they gave us for free. If I have too much stuff for the 2 bins, I store some of it in a garden waste bin and wait for the bins to be emptied. It's amazing what you can fit in a wheelie bin though if you squash it all down with a spade.

It's only certain time of the year that the garden waste piles up and I have compost bins and a pile as well in a corner of the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

Just be careful how you squash things down. Husband of a friend of my mother decided to step into recycling bin from the steps next to back door. Bin toppled with him in it and think he broke his hip.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

unfortunately are bin weight limits are extremely limited to the point, we can no longer put garden waste in the brown bin, forcing us to put it in the black bin, but thankfully crews are still accepting excess rubbish, for now anyway….

Advertisement