Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Dishwasher (smv40c40gb) not filling

Options
  • 28-04-2024 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

My dishwasher has decided not to work. Its got a flashing tap LED showing. I've cleaned out the pump and the impeller is rotating freely.

On reading, it seems this error suggest no water flow, so i checked filters etc. I then pulled the inlet hose (inside the machine) off to see if there was water entering the machine, which there wasn't.

So, back to the connection to the tap where it looks like a solenoid valve is contain, that must not be getting a message to open therefore no water is entering the machine.

When i try turn on the machine, i heard to clicks from the control module area.

Would appreciate any advise on what next to check or how to check. The machine of 7 years old, but i hate throwing stuff of if easily fixable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

tilt the dw on its side until it nearly touches the ground and give it a slight shake, if the problem reoccurs again you have a leak. Put an old towel or similar underneath when tilting to soak up any leakage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

As above had this problem a few weeks ago, saw a tube clip on how to fix. Tilt it to one side, water will come out so have a towel. Should fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,828 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There might be an in-line filter on the inlet side of the solenoid valve. It would be worth checking if there is one and whether it's blocked.

Obviously also check that there is unrestricted water flowing on the inlet side of the solenoid valve. Dishwashers usually have a minimum inlet water pressure at which they will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Tried the tilt fix, didn't seem to do anything. Some water came out but not much.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If you're on for it, you could test for the presence of voltage at the aquastop during the start of a cycle. That would tell you whether it's the aquastop device or the controller/relays which are at fault.

Don't quote me but they appear to take mains/235v as an input.

https://www.espares.ie/product/es177928/bosch-dishwasher-aquastop-hose-and-water-valv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if you remove the rh side panel see if there is water in there in the base, a leak is normally which causes the issue, unless the aero board which triggers the aqua stop switch is stuck, if it’s leaking you will need to find the source and fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Cyloncity

Does this model have a thing called aquastop or something like that. Once had a machine with this feature. As far as I can remember there was a sort of paste /gel in a section close to where inlet pipe connects to mains(furthest end from machine). If this section didnt get wet then the water went through pipe, however if wet the gel swells up and blocks water going into machine. It was a pain as the replacement pipe was like 150 euro I think.

Advertisement