Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a GPU for 3 monitors

Options
  • 27-04-2024 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭

I don't game, but have 1 * 5k monitor, 1 * 4k monitor and 1 * 1080p monitor, I need all of them to run at 60Hz (Windows 11 pro)

Preferably a passively cooled monitor, if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Would this fit your machine?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09Y9JNMQ1

Has fans but will run without as long as it's cool (i.e. not running games).

Alternatively you could look for a used Nvidia Quadro P620 (4x mini-DP 1.4) which should be able to do 5K 60Hz afaik. They have a small fan but might be quiet enough.

Another alternative would be Intel Arc A310 / Arc A380 which have DP2.0 that should definitely run 5K 60Hz without DSC (Display Screen Compression) however I'm not up-to-date on how stable their driver is for multi-monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Cheers. According to our wise friend:

And I'm running a third monitor on it too, which is probably too much for the poor RX560

Currently I use a 5700XT, which I have spare but was planning to sell. These currently go for €200 second hand max, so very little difference between it and a new RX560. And the other GPUs you mention are probably harder to get / more expensive. So I guess I will have to stick with what I have for now, although it is not a very energy efficient solution

Thanks a million for your help though!

Advertisement